• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?TEXAS

MY LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED SOON. I LIVE 50 MILES FROM WORK. TOO EXPENSIVE TO UBER OR LYFT OR TAXI CAB AND THE BUS RIDE IS THREE HOURS. SEEMS LIKE I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO CONTINUE DRIVING. ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS? I'M IN TEXAS. THANKS

CdwJava

First, refrain from writing in all capital letters - it is considered a form of shouting.

Second, WHY is your license about to be suspended?

If suspended, are you aware of the penalties for continued driving on a suspended license? Jail? Loss of your car? Fines?

CdwJava

Maybe. As asked, WHY was your license suspended?

And if your suggestion is how you might best break the law and get away with it, you can expect little aid here. If you want some suggestions as to how best to address your problem and maybe regain a valid license you will have to provide some information as to why it is about to be suspended.

MY LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED SOON. I LIVE 50 MILES FROM WORK. TOO EXPENSIVE TO UBER OR LYFT OR TAXI CAB AND THE BUS RIDE IS THREE HOURS. SEEMS LIKE I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO CONTINUE DRIVING. ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS? I'M IN TEXAS. THANKS
Your insurance company may cancel your policy which means you may also be driving uninsured.

Maybe. As asked, WHY was your license suspended?

And if your suggestion is how you might best break the law and get away with it, you can expect little aid here. If you want some suggestions as to how best to address your problem and maybe regain a valid license you will have to provide some information as to why it is about to be suspended.
IN NO WAY SHAPE FORM OR FASHION DID I EVEN IMPLY I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BREAK THE LAW AND GET AWAY WITH IT. ADDRESS MY CLEARLY STATED QUESTION

FlyingRon

Tone down your abusive tone or nobody will help you here. You don't need to read your own words, so write legibly for those trying to help you.

You haven't answered the question: WHY IS YOUR LICENSE SUSPENDED?

We can't even begin to help you absent knowing this.

quincy

Driving on a suspended license is a good way to increase the time your license is suspended or get your license revoked.

You might be eligible for an occupational license.

Here is a link to more information:

http://www.dps.texas.gov/driverlicense/dwli.htm
Please be nice to the volunteers on this forum. Your previous post was rude and was reported for moderator review.

Tone down your abusive tone or nobody will help you here. You don't need to read your own words, so write legibly for those trying to help you.

You haven't answered the question: WHY IS YOUR LICENSE SUSPENDED?

We can't even begin to help you absent knowing this.
YES YOU CAN HELP ME WITHOUT KNOWING WHY MY LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED. YOU HAVE MADE A CHOICE NOT TO HELP ME , IN PART BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE CAPITAL LETTERS.AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED, I AM NOT YELLING.

quincy

YES YOU CAN HELP ME WITHOUT KNOWING WHY MY LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED. YOU HAVE MADE A CHOICE NOT TO HELP ME , IN PART BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE CAPITAL LETTERS.AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED, I AM NOT YELLING.
Writing in all capital letters is hard to read (in addition to all caps being considered shouting).

The reason for the question asked of you by several members is that the answer matters. If your license was suspended for an alcohol-related offense (which I assume it was because of the placement of your thread in this section of the forum), there is a mandatory suspension period. You will not be allowed to drive legally and you will not be eligible for an occupational license.

In addition, if your license was suspended for an alcohol-related offense and you are on probation, any violation of any law will be a violation of the terms of your probation. You can have your probation revoked and you may find yourself sitting out your sentence in jail.

Because your license will be suspended, and you have a long-distance drive to your job, you might have to rely on friends or family to drive you to work, or suffer through the three-hour public transportation commute, or find a job closer to your home.

quincy

INCORRECT. MY LAWYER SAYS I AM ELIGIBLE FOR AN OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE.THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION SIR.
You're welcome, magnetrarpittrap. I appreciate the thanks.

I admit to being a bit puzzled as to why you asked your question here if your attorney already provided you with an answer. But I guess you know what you need to do to get to work. Good.

quincy

What a rude drunk you are.
Magnettarpittrap might have placed his/her thread in the Drunk Driving section of the forum by mistake (not able to read the forum categories, perhaps?).

We don't know the reason for the license suspension so, while we might think "rude," we don't know "drunk." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">