• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attornies legal obligation when he subcontracts out to another attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Based on the thread title:

I am asking this of the attorneys who participate on these forums, do attorneys actually subcontract? I know that they will work with other attorneys when they don't have a license to practice in a specific state or country, but do they actually subcontract?:confused:

quincy

The attorney must inform his client, and get his client’s consent, to turn the client’s case over to another attorney, either one in the same firm or to an attorney in a different firm.

tom ivers, what is your specific concern? Do you currently have an attorney and are questioning his actions?

LdiJ

The attorney must inform his client, and get his client’s consent, to turn the client’s case over to another attorney, either one in the same firm or to an attorney in a different firm.

tom ivers, what is your specific concern? Do you currently have an attorney and are questioning his actions?
Yes, but turning it over to another attorney is not the same as subcontracting.

tom ivers

yes

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Based on the thread title:

I am asking this of the attorneys who participate on these forums, do attorneys actually subcontract? I know that they will work with other attorneys when they don't have a license to practice in a specific state or country, but do they actually subcontract?:confused:
It depends on exactly what is meant by "subcontract". I'd like to hear from the OP exactly what it is that his attorney did; what matters did his attorney turn over to the other attorney to do?

quincy

Attorneys will often have others working with them on a client’s case.

Is this a family law case? A criminal case? Immigration? Bankruptcy? Media law?

Edit: I removed the tags to forum attorneys. No reason for them to check in with the dearth of information provided so far.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">