• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attornies legal obligation when he subcontracts out to another attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TigerD

But he wasn’t a dentist. :)
His patients didn't complain either.

Yes, I use contract attorneys that pick up some research and writing slack for me. They are also used for doc review and discovery review on complex cases. It in my fee agreement and the client is billed $175 an hour for their work. The alternative is that the clients waits for me to be able to get it done and I bill higher than that. However, I am the attorney in charge of the case. I review everything edit it. If there is a problem it falls on me. Contract attorneys are cheaper than hiring. I also have two contract paralegals that pick up our overflow when we get crunched.

TD

quincy

His patients didn't complain either.

Yes, I use contract attorneys that pick up some research and writing slack for me. They are also used for doc review and discovery review on complex cases. It in my fee agreement and the client is billed $175 an hour for their work. The alternative is that the clients waits for me to be able to get it done and I bill higher than that. However, I am the attorney in charge of the case. I review everything edit it. If there is a problem it falls on me. Contract attorneys are cheaper than hiring. I also have two contract paralegals that pick up our overflow when we get crunched.

TD
Thanks, Tiger. I was just editing my previous post, where I tagged you and others, because the additional clarifying information that I thought might be forthcoming never came. Your post hopefully answered the question, if not tom ivers’ then at least LdiJ’s. :)

Last edited:

quincy

But I don't do it on a cell phone. Wow. Sorry about the typos.

TD
Your typos were not as bad as some I’ve seen. :)

On this forum, I often write stream-of-consciousness and I am sometimes appalled at the end results. That is why you might notice I frequently edit my posts. Haha.

Just Blue

Your typos were not as bad as some I’ve seen. :)

On this forum, I often write stream-of-consciousness and I am sometimes appalled at the end results. That is why you might notice I frequently edit my posts. Haha.
I'm curious. Are you a lefty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">