• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing with employment agencies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kwbslp

I am a speech pathologist in Delaware.
I was contacted by one agency, Soliant, about a position and I indicated that I was interested.They set me up for a telephone interview. Prior to this interview, another agency, EBS contacted me about the same position. I told them that I was already set up for the interview with Soliant. After the interview, I did not hear from Soliant and in the meantime, EBS called me and told me that I had gotten the job. I didn't understand how they could do that because my interview was through Soliant. They convinced me that I should sign with them and against my better judgment, I did. The next day Soliant called and told me that the person in charge of the position was out sick and that is why I didn't hear from them. I told them that I had signed with EBS and they said that I couldn't do that because the job was through them. They told me I had to sign a contract through them, so I did. Then the trouble started and I was told that the agencies would have to come to a decision. This was about two weeks ago and both companies are still contacting me and I have no idea what the outcome will be. Who should be beholden to- the company that first contacted me (there is an email talking about the interview, before I ever heard about EBS, or EBS, whose contract I signeed first. Any help you could give me with this will be much appreciated. I know now that I should never have signed with EBS, but I did.

Kwbslp

I am a speech language pathologist from Delaware. I did sign two contracts because after I signed with EBS, Soliant told me I had to do it with them and that EBS couldn’t do anything about it. I was told that the 2 companies would work it out, but both of them are acting as if they have me and keep calling me. I don’t know if I should continue to send materials to both of them. Both of them told me when I would start and how much I would get paid. I am supposed to start on December 2. I haven’t been told by the School district where I am supposed to go on the first day. I am trying not to get the school involved. I am really nervous about this.

Kwbslp

I should not have to pay fees to either company. I was originally concerned that I would be sued, but it does not appear that way. As far as I know I still have the job as nothing to the contrary has been said. I told the school what happened when it first occurred and presumably they called EBS. I thought that would settle it, but it didn't. They don't care which company I work for.
Apparently EBS has a history of doing this. I have worked for agencies for many years and never has this happened, so I was caught unawares.

quincy

I should not have to pay fees to either company. I was originally concerned that I would be sued, but it does not appear that way. As far as I know I still have the job as nothing to the contrary has been said. I told the school what happened when it first occurred and presumably they called EBS. I thought that would settle it, but it didn't. They don't care which company I work for.
Apparently EBS has a history of doing this. I have worked for agencies for many years and never has this happened, so I was caught unawares.
Your contracts with Soliant and EBS are both employer-paid contracts?

If so, this is a matter for Soliant and EBS to work out with each and/or the school.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">