• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Birth Certificate & Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?Kansas
In Kansas if I had to sign my rights away so my daughter could get out of foster care at the same time as her sister, would her adoption name be on the birth certificate or her original last name. Would I as the original mother be able to get a copy of her birth certificate. . If I sign my rights away. would even be able to obtain the copy of the birth certificate.

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Once you sign away your rights, you are no longer the child's parent. You have no rights to the child, the child's information, or anything to do with the child.

quincy

Your post was reported because of all of the personal identifying information. It will be returned once editing is done.

Also, if that is your real email address that you are using for your username, you might want to consider changing it. Otherwise you might receive a bunch of spam in your mailbox.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?Kansas
In Kansas if I had to sign my rights away so my daughter could get out of foster care at the same time as her sister, would her adoption name be on the birth certificate or her original last name. Would I as the original mother be able to get a copy of her birth certificate. . If I sign my rights away. would even be able to obtain the copy of the birth certificate.
Once your daughter was adopted you lost all rights regarding her. She became a legal stranger to you at that point. I do not believe that you would be able to obtain a copy of her birth certificate. It would be reissued in her adoptive name with her adoptive parents listed.

Once you sign away your rights, you are no longer the child's parent. You have no rights to the child, the child's information, or anything to do with the child.
that's what I thought but you needed a copy of her driver's license or copy of her birth certificate to get her driver's license so I filled out the information online to the Kansas state department and they sent me a copy of her birth certificate with her birth name on it

Your post was reported because of all of the personal identifying information. It will be returned once editing is done.

Also, if that is your real email address that you are using for your username, you might want to consider changing it. Otherwise you might receive a bunch of spam in your mailbox.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">