• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mandatory Overtime??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seriouslytired

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Utah.

I agreed with the call center company to work 58 hours per week for the first two weeks of January. I was told that it was MANDATORY. Ok.

My supervisor came up to me today while I was on a call in which I placed on hold and demanded the same schedule for next week. He stated that it was MANDATORY.

I am a single Mom, my little one and I are suffering. He needs his Mother and by the time I get off work I am seriously exhausted. I give him the basic necessities but I see a change in him. He needs stability and not a Mother completely exhausted.

Is this MANDATORY OVERTIME legal????

Signed Seriouslytired

I quit that job to spend more time with my child and family. I’m glad that I did! He is 21 years old and owns his own house. He is a hard worker just like his Mom was. YAY!!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I quit that job to spend more time with my child and family. I’m glad that I did! He is 21 years old and owns his own house. He is a hard worker just like his Mom was. YAY!!

You need to keep comments like this to yourself, or use Facebook or Reddit - ESPECIALLY considering that this thread was dead for almost nine years.

quincy

You need to keep comments like this to yourself, or use Facebook or Reddit - ESPECIALLY considering that this thread was dead for almost nine years.
Threads are kept open so that the original poster can return to add additional questions or provide updates.

Most posters won’t wait 9 years to update, though. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">