• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to maintain control Wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Curt Trautman

I was traveling westbound on interstate 94 in a semi it was snowing out and I was passed by a car who spun out into my lane of travel rather than hitting the car I decided to go into the ditch being as there were more cars to my left I ended up tipping my truck on its side in the ditch the officer wrote me a failure to maintain control ticket which in my understanding is the same as unreasonable and imprudent speed, I can prove that I was going 30mph under the speed limit at the time of the accident I'm wondering if I have any chance of getting the ticket dropped also the officer did not put anything on his report about the other car however I have a photo to prove he was there after the accident but it is not clear enough to get his info

adjusterjack

failure to maintain control ticket which in my understanding is the same as unreasonable and imprudent speed
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/IX/57/4/h

(2)  Reasonable and prudent limit. No person shall drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard for the actual and potential hazards then existing. The speed of a vehicle shall be so controlled as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any object, person, vehicle or other conveyance on or entering the highway in compliance with legal requirements and using due care.
30 mph under the limit apparently was not slow enough to remain in control of your vehicle.

Curt Trautman

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/IX/57/4/h

30 mph under the limit apparently was not slow enough to remain in control of your vehicle.
Even when someone else slid into my lane and I was going slower than everyone else any slower and I would have been impeding traffic I don't see how it's my fault when another car comes over onto you and I avoided a major accident, trucks don't stop on a dime my friend also how does the other guy get off Scott free and here I am stuck paying for everything and a ticket on top of it

Just Blue

Even when someone else slid into my lane and I was going slower than everyone else any slower and I would have been impeding traffic I don't see how it's my fault when another car comes over onto you and I avoided a major accident, trucks don't stop on a dime my friend also how does the other guy get off Scott free and here I am stuck paying for everything and a ticket on top of it
When you appear before the judge explain the circumstances of the accident. Getting angry at the volunteers here will do you no good.

Curt Trautman

When you appear before the judge explain the circumstances of the accident. Getting angry at the volunteers here will do you no good.
Wasnt angry with the person who replied sorry of it came off that way more upset with the whole situation and how they can ticket like that

LdiJ

Here is part of the problem. You not only need to be prudent from a practical level, but you need to be prudent enough that if an idiot goes too fast and spins out in front of you and into your lane, that you can stop without going into a ditch and tipping your rig.
If someone passes me in a snowstorm, then I slow down even more to increase the space between me and the idiot who passed me.

An attorney may be able to help you fight the ticket. You should at least talk to one.

Just Blue

Wasnt angry with the person who replied sorry of it came off that way more upset with the whole situation and how they can ticket like that
It did seem a bit angry..."tone" is hard to determine in the written word. Sorry for wrongly reading your "tone". :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">