• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crossed Car Loan Account has cost me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Thank you.

There are tricks to using this site. We all get tripped up by some of its features and quirks. :)

Dcole0183

I don’t have time to learn all the quirks. I am a first time poster and don’t “ plan” on ever needing legal advice again. I found this site mainly just to see if there was any legal grounds because I am tired of being taken advantage of by Capitol One at the expense of my car, my patients and my credit. They abuse the customers with their rhetoric and lack of accountability. It costs the client and frankly I have entertained them “ fixing it” over months and 3 strikes your out in my book. I am done playing their game and I wanted to simply know if there were grounds to take any legal action against them. Me disputing my credit doesn’t fix the problems they have with crap they pull and don’t fix. Disputing my credit would be to turn a cheek to their destructive business practices.

quincy

I don’t have time to learn all the quirks. I am a first time poster and don’t “ plan” on ever needing legal advice again. I found this site mainly just to see if there was any legal grounds because I am tired of being taken advantage of by Capitol One at the expense of my car, my patients and my credit. They abuse the customers with their rhetoric and lack of accountability. It costs the client and frankly I have entertained them “ fixing it” over months and 3 strikes your out in my book. I am done playing their game and I wanted to simply know if there were grounds to take any legal action against them. Me disputing my credit doesn’t fix the problems they have with crap they pull and don’t fix. Disputing my credit would be to turn a cheek to their destructive business practices.
You have what appears to be good reason to sue Capital One - but, because Capital One has a large legal team (and a lot of experience being sued), you will benefit from having an experienced attorney of your own.

The credit reporting agencies are often easier to deal with and generally will not require an attorney’s help. I provided a link to the FTC earlier that has good how-to information.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps you should refinance your loan at a different lender. A local credit union may be a good option...

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Perhaps you should refinance your loan at a different lender. A local credit union may be a good option...
I second this. It has been my observation that once an institution botches their record keeping, they continue to botch their record keeping. If you prove once that they've made a mistake, it's like they take it as a challenge to see how many more mistakes (never in your favor) that they can make.

Just make sure that, if you go with a local credit union, that they're not about to be bought out by Capitol One!

quincy

Capital One has 40 class action suits filed against it and Attorneys General in several states investigating them. There are a lot of people who are upset with them. :)

quincy

The problem Dcole is having with Capital One could be the result of the data breach last July so Dcole might find she is a member of one of the class action suits filed against Capital One. She can ask her attorney about it.

LdiJ

I said that you should ALSO dispute it with the credit bureaus. You can still consider litigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">