• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name of legal term when attorney befriends opposing client?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Actually, the "plain English" that has been added recently into Federal regulations frankly sucks. They adopt an inane q&a format that's harder to read and understand than the, while possibly obscure to common language, well-known regulatory verbiage.

Just Blue

I have always been physically unable to write clearly in cursive. It's a fine motor skill problem, not an education problem. I do understand the sentiment though :)
Same here. My "cursive" is a hybrid of cursive and printing.

quincy

Or.... we could bring Latin back into our schools...
The high school I went to had a Latin teacher and an Italian teacher and a French teacher and a Spanish teacher. I took French and Latin. I took Spanish in college (and withdrew from a Japanese course when I realized it was way beyond my capabilities).

But I remember little of what I learned. Spanish is the language I have found most useful.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Actually, the "plain English" that has been added recently into Federal regulations frankly sucks. They adopt an inane q&a format that's harder to read and understand than the, while possibly obscure to common language, well-known regulatory verbiage.
Not all plain language regulations are written in Q & A format, and even among those that are, some are well done and appropriate for the type of audience the regulation is intended. There are lots of poorly written regulations out there, but I've seen some good ones (hopefully including those I wrote).

quincy

Not all plain language regulations are written in Q & A format, and even among those that are, some are well done and appropriate for the type of audience the regulation is intended. There are lots of poorly written regulations out there, but I've seen some good ones (hopefully including those I wrote).
Each of the last few US presidents (not sure about Trump) has worked toward getting legalese in government publications replaced with plain language to make these publications easier for the public to read and understand. Progress has been made toward this end but more needs to be done to make the language consumer/public-friendly.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I have always been physically unable to write clearly in cursive. It's a fine motor skill problem, not an education problem. I do understand the sentiment though :)
When my mother passed away a few years ago I re-discovered my elementary school notebooks that she kept. I used to write very nicely, however I've deteriorated over the years to the point that I am now told I "write like a doctor".

quincy

When my mother passed away a few years ago I re-discovered my elementary school notebooks that she kept. I used to write very nicely, however I've deteriorated over the years to the point that I am now told I "write like a doctor".
Haha. I used to get compliments on my penmanship when I was in elementary school, too, but as soon as I could get away with printing only, that is how I wrote - and continue to write.

My name has some of the more difficult letters to write in cursive so my signature is pretty much a first letter followed by a wiggly line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">