• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner financed sale agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A year ago i inherited my dads house after he passed away. it is a very small place on a small lot. I work as a nurse and knew this lady who sat with some of my hospice patients. she seemed like a very nice old lady her self who needed a place to live so i decided to try to help her out. I wrote up an owner financed sale agreement and disclosed everything under the sun to her. We initialed and signed everything in front of a notary republic and the stamped behind us. That was as "legal" as it got. I did charge anything to move, no finance charge, no interest. Just $200 a month for 45 payments and i will sign it over to you. Now she has stopped paying and got ugly. I think i have to go through foreclosure and/or file for ejectment but im not sure.

anyone out there that can advise me?

ty

FarmerJ

when you began this contract with her did you have it recorded at your county government center desk that handles property sales ?

I'm really just wondering if anyone has a guide to do self help. I cant afford an attorney and the house is not worth that much but I hate to think I just screwed up so bad she can keep everything free

Just Blue

I'm really just wondering if anyone has a guide to do self help. I cant afford an attorney and the house is not worth that much but I hate to think I just screwed up so bad she can keep everything free
https://www.alabar.org/

Call ,the bar assoc and request a referral to a Real Estate Attorney...the referral may be at a reduced hourly rate. Ask for the name of several attorneys.

Take all your paperwork in for a review and ask your options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">