• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

snowman never said that he has filed for bankruptcy but he discusses filing bankruptcy in a thread from 2015. Perhaps snowman will return with more information.

Pinkie39

I'm wondering if snowman or his wife even have garnishable income. Someone mentioned he is in his 70s.

If he and his wife are solely living off Social Security, then what could creditors even take if they sue? Social Security cannot be garnished for medical bills or credit card debt.

I know he could have another source of income of course.

quincy

I'm wondering if snowman or his wife even have garnishable income. Someone mentioned he is in his 70s.

If he and his wife are solely living off Social Security, then what could creditors even take if they sue? Social Security cannot be garnished for medical bills or credit card debt.

I know he could have another source of income of course.
snowman said in 2018 that he was working (at least until he had eye surgery), and he has (according to his posting history) been working off and on since he first visited the forum in 2009.

But both he and his wife have had accidents and injuries and illnesses and surgeries that have led to the loss of jobs and an increase in debts, at least one car repossession and possibly an eviction.

I would think at this point that he and his wife might be judgment proof. I think he can probably find good help on the current lawsuit through one of the senior legal help organizations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">