• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demurring in Traffic court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I look at a thread that is more than six months old I get this message.

"Thread status: Hello demurring dude, There was no answer in this thread for more than 180 days. We highly recommend creating a new thread as old threads are often ignored"

Newer than that, no message.

So clearly the rule is not that old threads are banned. They are just not recommended. And 180 days is the threshold for being old, not 4 months.

If we are going to be rule-weanies, lets use the actual rules.

quincy

If I look at a thread that is more than six months old I get this message.

"Thread status: Hello demurring dude, There was no answer in this thread for more than 180 days. We highly recommend creating a new thread as old threads are often ignored"

Newer than that, no message.

So clearly the rule is not that old threads are banned. They are just not recommended. And 180 days is the threshold for being old, not 4 months.

If we are going to be rule-weanies, lets use the actual rules.
The long-time members of this forum were consulted by administrators of this site on the wording of that message, with many of us arguing that the message as worded would lead to arguments like the argument you present here. Obviously the administrators of the site thought their wording would adequately discourage those who were thinking of adding to an old thread from adding comments or questions.

The experience of forum members has taught us that determined posters like you are not easily discouraged. ;)

This thread has been reported for moderator review. The moderator can decide if this thread - with the exact same (non-legal) information you provided in the old thread you revived - is really necessary.

I don't mind if you delete this one, since my original subject-matter post has been left on the original thread. I only made this thread because one of you rule-inventors told me in the original thread to do it that way. And then when I did as instructed, you all followed me over here to complain some more. Make your minds up fellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">