• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California another Street sweeper question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the parking warden is writing the ticket and the car drives off, yes, but the OP says nothing about seeing the warden writing the ticket. Everywhere I've been the warden will only start writing the ticket when they are standing next to the car.
They will often start the citation while sitting in their vehicle, then exit the vehicle only to place the citation on the vehicle. That's exactly what the OP describes (sans the placing the citation part).

quincy

Sorry, I reverted back to speaking English for a moment. :cool:
U.S. laws are the focus of this forum, so American English (aka U.S. English) tends to be spoken here. The differences don’t matter all that much until you come to words like “shall.”

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When I was writing my book about an English girl living in the US, I had fun with vocabulary shifts.

quincy

When I was writing my book about an English girl living in the US, I had fun with vocabulary shifts.
The meaning of words can often be figured out by context but some words used in the U.K. can really confuse a U.S. English speaker. The legal difference in “molest/molestation” is one example. The legal use of the word “brief” is another example.

I haven’t read your book yet. I will put it on my to-do list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">