• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k contributions not being made - terminate for good reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

I would quit for cause, not fired
Even if the agreement terminates the non-compete the standard for "good cause" would be at least as stringent as that used by the various states' unemployment agencies. And virtually all of them that you make reasonable efforts to protect your job rights. Not doing anything about this for the last 4 months is not a reasonable effort.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then I think you can safely assume that the odds favor the non-compete continuing to be valid.

zddoodah

no it does not specifically state that
Then I agree that you having a "good reason" for quitting (whatever that might mean) is of no relevance to the enforceability of the non-compete provision in the contract.

Last week I made the following suggestion: "I suggest you review the law and the language in your agreement and come back with specific questions."

Did you do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">