• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requirements of private corporations in regards to stock holders.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

You should re-read the terms and conditions of use of this forum. Commercial links AND commercial messages are prohibited.

Your latest “copy and paste” was also reported to the moderator for review.

As it relates to your original question, what exactly is it that you are attempting to show with the company information?

quincy

Phouglas, we are able to provide general advice and information on this forum. For help with specifics, you will want to find a legal professional in your area.

If the company you held stock in is the same one you linked to, use the information already provided you (by Taxing Matters?) to get the documents you want (e.g., the SEC’s Edgar system or the charter and bylaws).

Last edited:

Phouglas

Phouglas, we are able to provide general advice and information on this forum. For help with specifics, you will want to find a legal professional in your area.

If the company you invested in is the same one you linked to, use the information already provided you (by Taxing Matters?) to get the documents you want.
I mean I’m literally responding to questions people are asking me.

It’s cool I’ll private message the ones actually trying to provide advice.

quincy

I mean I’m literally responding to questions people are asking me.

It’s cool I’ll private message the ones actually trying to provide advice.
It is a good idea to send any commercial link by private message because they are not permitted on the forum.

I didn’t see in the link and copied information that you posted the answer to any question that was asked of you, though - but I might have missed it.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Phouglas

It is a good idea to send any commercial link by private message because they are not permitted on the forum.

I didn’t see in the link and copied information that you posted the answer to any question that was asked of you, though - but I might have missed it.

Good luck.
ok cool thanks, no problem.
if anyone doesn’t mind helping me please private message me. Thanks!

quincy

ok cool thanks, no problem.
if anyone doesn’t mind helping me please private message me. Thanks!
I think the previous post by Taxing Matters actually helped you as much as you can be helped already. If you enter the company name into the SEC’s Edgar System, it does not appear that the Florida company is a reporting company (but you will need to verify). Therefore, you will need to look at the company’s charter and bylaws.

Good luck.

Last edited:

zddoodah

I appreciate your engagement but many of these questions remain unanswered because we haven’t been provided any information.

I don’t know if she has any stock any longer.
She's free to continue to seek further information, but...

1. It is unlikely that a transaction by which one or more majority shareholders sold their stock would divest a minority shareholder of her shares.
2. It is equally unlikely that such a transaction would render the minority shareholder's shares worthless.
3. As a general proposition, a minority shareholder would have no right to know about such a transaction.
4. Information about any Florida corporation (including the identity of officers) can be found at the Division of Corporations website.
5. Shareholders of Florida corporations have rights to information. You can learn more about those rights with a simple google search.

quincy

Bloomberg also has (limited) information on the company, which includes the names of the officers. A simple search of the company name comes up with several links.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">