• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PPP Rehire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

When being called back to work as part of the current Paycheck Protection Program, is it possible for an employee to have his/her compensation reduced as a term of being re-hired?

eerelations

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

When being called back to work as part of the current Paycheck Protection Program, is it possible for an employee to have his/her compensation reduced as a term of being re-hired?
It's possible, but why would you want less pay?

eerelations

Thanks for the quick reply. Of course I want what I'm worth, or more.
I'm lucky to have a choice of prospective employers, just gathering as much info as possible before making a decision.
That certainly doesn't tell me why you want your employer to pay you less than you were being paid before you were furloughed. Please explain why you feel you will be worth less post-furlough than you were pre-furlough. Thanks. :)

That certainly doesn't tell me why you want your employer to pay you less than you were being paid before you were furloughed. Please explain why you feel you will be worth less post-furlough than you were pre-furlough. Thanks. :)
Believe me, I still possess all the talents I had just two months ago.:)
The idea that being rehired contingent upon a possible pay adjustment concerns me, unless of course that "adjustment" is in the upward direction.

eerelations

The idea that being rehired contingent upon a possible pay adjustment concerns me, unless of course that "adjustment" is in the upward direction.
From your first post it sure sounds like you wanted your pay to be adjusted downwards - and that seemed weird to me. But if that's not the case, then you're fine. But if you're asking if your employer can adjust your pay downwards upon asking you to return, yes this is legal. If you believe you're working for the type of employer that would do this, then you are legally free to start job hunting now.

LdiJ

Edith, your wording originally tended to indicate that it was YOU who wanted reduced pay, rather than your employer. People have been asking you why and you have not been very direct in your answers. I think probably most people understand now that it isn't you who wants to reduce pay, but a bit more plain and direct speaking would perhaps help you get better answers.

Example:

My boss got a stimulus loan. He wants me to come back to work but he wants to pay me less than he was paying me before. Is he allowed to do that under the rules of the loan?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">