• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yearly bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
also the company is converting all sick pay from our state to pto so as they can say when we want to take a vacation they can actually tell us that they can not spare us because of a shortage of employees.
They've always had the ability to say that...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law prohibiting them from doing so. For some employees, PTO is a preferable benefit to vacation/sick/personal.

Nothing in the snippet you posted suggests that there is any deadline by which the bonus must be released.

FarmerJ

snow man also check into PPL-PTO caps , meaning at the end of the year does some convert to a sick bank where you can only use it after your regular PTO is consumed ? also look to see if the company raised the amount of it you can keep , due to staffing shortages where I work It originally was 120 hours that could carry into a new year and that was raised to 160 and that again was raised to 240 hours. EG when I had open heart surgery I had 150 regular PPL hours and 12 sick bank SO the regular was down to 140 in two pay periods and the 3rd time card had the last ten with the 12 paid out and then all of mine was exhausted So do they do anything like that ? Also bonuses in the past has your employer paid them to all eligible staff at one time like say before Christmas season ? ( mine does it that way but they do not have a one year requirement so a staff who made it past the first 90 days where I work and say they work another 6 months then the bonus is paid based on that 6 months of pay ( so try to re read the policy book to see what it has to say as to annual bonus payments and when.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">