• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I terminate my sellers contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tinamarl

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I have a contract with someone buying my home. I am still living on the large property in my trailer, per our terms, for 6 more months.
Buyers have become increasingly hostile. They have made threats of physical violence, "finding a way to get rid of me," and shit my utilities off on three separate occasions, even though its in the contract that they pay my utilities.
Can I terminate the contract and make them leave?

Just Blue

I have a contract with someone buying my home. I am still living on the large property in my trailer, per our terms, for 6 more months.
Buyers have become increasingly hostile. They have made threats of physical violence, "finding a way to get rid of me," and shit my utilities off on three separate occasions, even though its in the contract that they pay my utilities.
You need to take your contract to an attorney to discuss your options, if any, you have per the contract. I assume you have a clause regarding canceling the contract?

Last edited:

quincy

Threats of physical violence can be reported to the police.

LdiJ

Was this a formal contract that went through a closing? Or, was this something written up between the two of you? You cannot breach the terms of the agreement.

Mass_Shyster

[shut] my utilities off on three separate occasions, even though its in the contract that they pay my utilities.
It sounds like they may have already breached the contract. As has already been pointed out, you are free to terminate the contract, and the buyers are free to sue you. A lawyer can attempt to predict whether they would succeed, but only a judge can answer with any authority.

zddoodah

No one who hasn't read your contract can answer that question intelligently. Take the contract to a local attorney for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">