• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats of Harassment from former friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state? VA

I am facing a threat of online harassment from my former friends. They said they will invade a message board I created for my online projects. I am concerned about all this hurting my growing projects and attempts to become a YouTuber. Can I do something legally to stop them? They are demanding an apology for me having an opinion they did not like. Other things also brought on the collapse of these friendships but regardless I need to find away to protect myself.

eerelations

What is the name of your state? VA

I am facing a threat of online harassment from my former friends. They said they will invade a message board I created for my online projects. I am concerned about all this hurting my growing projects and attempts to become a YouTuber. Can I do something legally to stop them? They are demanding an apology for me having an opinion they did not like. Other things also brought on the collapse of these friendships but regardless I need to find away to protect myself.
You have been advised about this in your previous thread about this subject.

zddoodah

I am facing a threat of online harassment from my former friends.
So...not actual harassment, but just a threat that someone will or might harass you?

They said they will invade a message board I created for my online projects. I am concerned about all this hurting my growing projects and attempts to become a YouTuber. Can I do something legally to stop them?
To stop them from "invad[ing] a message board"? Not really sure what that means, but you'd probably have more success with some sort of technological Maginot Line than a legal one.

quincy

DisabledGeek has a history on this forum. His history includes a thread on the same online harassment he speaks of here. I believe his concern has been addressed about as well as it can be already. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">