• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NDA/Non Compete Non Circumvent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The case doesn't apply. The OP was not (nor contemplated to be) an employee.
I posted the case only for its discussion on blue penciling unenforceable provisions in agreements. The facts of that case and what is described here were understood (I thought :)) to not be the same.

Not all states will enforce contracts that include any unenforceable provisions. These other states do not allow for crossing out the bad parts and keeping the rest - the whole contract will be considered invalid. That is not the case in Oregon.

doucar

"Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate the responses. As I have said, I will go to a local atty for further advice. There were a few later responses that I found valuable, so there is no need to be so nasty or high on your legal regal horse. I can have a meeting w/ a local atty, and STILL ask other lawyers on this site their opinions. That is reasonable!"

Just so you know, the majority of the responses you received on this site were not from attorneys.

quincy

"... so there is no need to be so nasty or high on your legal regal horse. I can have a meeting w/ a local atty, and STILL ask other lawyers on this site their opinions. That is reasonable!"

Just so you know, the majority of the responses you received on this site were not from attorneys.
Ahhh, but even the non-attorneys on this forum (which would be the vast majority of the member-volunteers responding to posters) are known for trotting around high, sometimes on regal horses, attired in breeches and field boots and with well-worn paperback copies of Black’s Law Dictionary tucked under their arms. ;)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">