• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not able to see my child at all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

28helps

Name of state is Florida

My current situation is I was with the person for 2 years and we end up having my son from the day day my son was born. I was in his life. We have an actual agreement through text message where I would keep my son overnight with me unless she was off and she would keep him during the day. Then in March of this year she decided to change everything not compromising at all and saying it's her way not anyone else and she was saying he needs stability which to me I don't understand when both parents have an agreement and in the process. If I'm working I would allow my mother and father watch him till I get off. And I did have two situations where when he was 4 months 5 months old I had to call the cops on her. She literally put her hands on me which I did not do anything. I just called the cops and she got arrested and then because she's the mother of my child I decided not to press charges and I had to go to court and say I wanted to drop the charges and then we had another situation where I was working and she made a big scene while I was at work trying to pick up my son at night. She left work and she told the officers that my son was in danger which that was a lie and then she said that she was afraid to walk to my door which was another lie and I left work got home. The cops were there and they asked me a couple questions and I explained to them and they told me that she said she was afraid to knock on the door which I showed them a video of my ring door camera that she was knocking and yelling at the door thing. The cops told her Dad this is not appropriate and they made her leave and then that's where we have this situation where everything was fine. Didn't have any issues. Was picking him up. We had a set time at 3:00 p.m. I would pick him up and then if it's not me picking them up my mother would and then I would grab him from my mother then. Now it's been 6 months in order for me to see him. My mom has to call and she would drop him off for like 30 minutes to an hour and they would call me and I'll get to see him. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm lost. I've never experienced anything like this for me. It makes no sense. I've tried to reach out couple days ago and text message trying to see if I can see him and it's it's pretty much f*** her same thing. She's telling me he has stability and it's not going to change which to me. That doesn't make sense if you don't have both parents, that how is that stability? And one person is making the rules so I'm really lost because I know there's a new law but I don't know what to do. I just need help advice. I don't know what type of lawyer I'm supposed to look for. I don't even know a good lawyer from because really I just want to spend time with my kid it's crazy. I didn't even get to see him do his first steps or even hit hear him say first words. Anything I feel like I'm just shackled

zddoodah

My current situation is I was with the person for 2 years
I assume you and this person were never married. Correct?

we end up having my son from the day day my son was born.
You are the father. Correct? If so, was your paternity ever established in some way? If so, how was paternity established? How old is the child?

We have an actual agreement through text message. . . .
Is there a court order that addresses custody, visitation and support? If so, what are the salient terms?

The rest of your post just appears to be a long rant, and I didn't see an actual legal question. Suffice to say that if your paternity was never established, then you have no enforceable legal rights regarding the child. And if, as I suspect, there is no order concerning custody, visitation and support, then it's pretty much anything goes, so you should consult with a local family law attorney about getting such an order in place.

28helps

Yes I'm the father. We did do a paternity test when my son was born and we were never married and there was no court order. That's the agreement that we had that we both agreed on. I have documentation that we agreed on that and then I'm just trying to figure what process to go through okay so I will start looking for an attorney today. Thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes I'm the father. We did do a paternity test when my son was born and we were never married and there was no court order. That's the agreement that we had that we both agreed on. I have documentation that we agreed on that and then I'm just trying to figure what process to go through okay so I will start looking for an attorney today. Thank you
Without an enforceable court order and COURT ORDERED PATERNITY TEST, you are not legally the father. Doesn't matter what you and her said. So time to go to court. File to establish paternity and for custody.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes I'm the father. We did do a paternity test when my son was born and we were never married and there was no court order.
Unless that was part of a legal petition to establish your paternity, then the paternity test is just for fun and general edification.

Did you complete and file an Acknowledgement of Paternity Form in accordance with Florida law?
https://www.floridahealth.gov/certificates/certificates/birth/_documents/DH_432_Ack_Paternity.pdf

Absent a court order, your agreement is not legally enforceable.

What you CAN do is try and use any documentation you have that supports your statements about what you have done to establish and maintain a relationship with your child.

Start working here and go forward: https://floridarevenue.com/childsupport/Pages/paternity.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">