• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to include the property owner on a demand letter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keryer

What is the name of your state? NM

I loaned money to someone in March for drywall and painting services because she converted a shed into a livable space on her mother's property. She paid me back about half of what she owes in a timely manner, but then stopped paying and blocked me 2 months ago. Since hasn't kept her repayment agreement, I intend to take her to small claims, and I have invoices, bank statements, witnesses, etc. to support my claim. I am sending her a demand letter to give her a chance to pay before I have to take legal action. My question is that since the work was for home improvement that was done on her mother's property, should the mother be included in the demand letter and the potential small claims case, or should only the daughter be included since she is the only person on the invoice?

quincy

What is the name of your state? NM

I loaned money to someone in March for drywall and painting services because she converted a shed into a livable space on her mother's property. She paid me back about half of what she owes in a timely manner, but then stopped paying and blocked me 2 months ago. Since hasn't kept her repayment agreement, I intend to take her to small claims, and I have invoices, bank statements, witnesses, etc. to support my claim. I am sending her a demand letter to give her a chance to pay before I have to take legal action. My question is that since the work was for home improvement that was done on her mother's property, should the mother be included in the demand letter and the potential small claims case, or should only the daughter be included since she is the only person on the invoice?
You loaned money to the person who converted the shed. You did not loan the mother money. You sue the person who defaulted on the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">