• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I required by Law to submit my payroll information for this credit card?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

escobar479

State is Florida

Hello, I have a credit card that I was not able to pay because I got sick. I did a virtual meeting recently with the judge and the creditor to make an agreement. I got sick again and I cant afford to make the $75 monthly payments. I received a letter from the court saying that I have to submit my payroll information for the payments. I cant afford it right now and I am worried about it. This has never happened to me so wanted to see what options I have. Thanks

My illness is Bipolar Disorder and OCD

LdiJ

State is Florida

Hello, I have a credit card that I was not able to pay because I got sick. I did a virtual meeting recently with the judge and the creditor to make an agreement. I got sick again and I cant afford to make the $75 monthly payments. I received a letter from the court saying that I have to submit my payroll information for the payments. I cant afford it right now and I am worried about it. This has never happened to me so wanted to see what options I have. Thanks

The judge wants your wages to be garnished because you are not making the payments as ordered. It is a court order now, not a suggestion. If you start making the payment voluntarily the court might not push the issue. If you do as ordered and provide your payroll information it won't escalate. If you do neither, it will escalate.

zddoodah

I did a virtual meeting recently with the judge and the creditor to make an agreement.
I take it this means that your creditor sued you, that you did a mediation, and that you entered into a settlement agreement. As part of the settlement, did you stipulate to the entry of a judgment against you?

I received a letter from the court saying that I have to submit my payroll information for the payments.
Was this really just a letter? Did it reference a section of the Florida statutes? If so, what section is referenced? What exactly did the letter say?

Am I required by Law to submit my payroll information for this credit card?
Well...you yourself told us that the "letter from the court" says that you "have to submit [your] payroll information," so you seem to have answered your own question.

quincy

State is Florida

Are you currently working?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">