• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Finding a Collections Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

User317

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I recently had some hardship from being laid off and some bills went to collections. I have called the companies and set up payment plans. However, there is still one that I cannot find. It was financed through PayPal. It was a pay-later sort of thing, and I was making monthly payments, until I couldn’t. It completely disappeared from PayPal. So I thought it must be in collections. I called PayPal, they said they couldn’t see any info. I checked my credit report to find any company that it could have gone to, but I found nothing I couldn’t account for. Is there any way at all to find out where this debt went so that I can pay it off?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I recently had some hardship from being laid off and some bills went to collections. I have called the companies and set up payment plans. However, there is still one that I cannot find. It was financed through PayPal. It was a pay-later sort of thing, and I was making monthly payments, until I couldn’t. It completely disappeared from PayPal. So I thought it must be in collections. I called PayPal, they said they couldn’t see any info. I checked my credit report to find any company that it could have gone to, but I found nothing I couldn’t account for. Is there any way at all to find out where this debt went so that I can pay it off?
Is the debt showing up on your credit reports?

If there is a creditor out there somewhere that is not being paid, it is probably a good bet that they will find you soon enough.

adjusterjack

Is there any way at all to find out where this debt went so that I can pay it off?
I'm a little surprised that you did business with somebody or some company without knowing who or where they are.

What is the balance that you owe?

You'll just have to wait until they get in touch with you.

If it takes them more than 6 years from the date of default, you're home free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">