• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal agreement between two parties.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I purchased the vehicle from a minor. I'm 38 years old
Right. The minor legally cannot be held to the terms of the contract (with a few exceptions) so both those who sell to minors and those who buy from minors on a contract are taking a big risk.

Right. The minor legally cannot be held to the terms of the contract (with a few exceptions) so both those who sell to minors and those who buy from minors on a contract are taking a big risk.
The form says: warning, this form does not change the contractual liabilities with respect to the sale of a motor vehicle to a minor. .... the minor in this case is SELLING the vehicle, not purchasing. The vehicle is already titled in her name. She is the sole owner.

quincy

You should be thankful that you have only invested $175 in the vehicle.

I suggest you purchase a car from an adult.

And, yes. There are "contractual liabilities" when selling to or buying from a minor. The minor legally cannot be held to the terms of a contract (again, with a few exceptions).

You should be thankful that you have only invested $175 in the vehicle.

I suggest you purchase a car from an adult.
Where did you get your law degree? A cracker jack box? You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. If a minor owns real property, they are bound by the same contractual obligations as an adult. A vehicle has value. Therefore it's sale, by a minor or not, is bound by the law.

quincy

Where did you get your law degree? A cracker jack box? You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. If a minor owns real property, they are bound by the same contractual obligations as an adult. A vehicle has value. Therefore it's sale, by a minor or not, is bound by the law.
Wrong.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That's my point, based on our verbal agreement, I am the owner of the vehicle.
Great - why don't you pull your title out and show the cops and tell them you want to report the vehicle as stolen? I know why...because you don't HAVE the title.

Great - why don't you pull your title out and show the cops and tell them you want to report the vehicle as stolen? I know why...because you don't HAVE the title.
It doesn't matter. It's a verbal contract. She already told the police we had a verbal contract. The end.

pac72

why at 38 do you need to make payments to a minor.. just get a loan and pay her then it will be titled to YOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">