• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home school or online school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthomas42

How are you currently handling child care? Have you had any concerns?

Have you been participating in your school districts parent information sessions? How comfortable are you with their proposals for the various options? What were your ecperiences last year if your schools went to distance learning?
Summer split between both parents.

The cases have been rising in the county over the last month.

Absolutely. We have an infectious disease doctor named Virginia Caine who is very well respected in the community that is giving guidelines to the schools for safety. They are requiring masks, social distancing, sanitizing stations and will provide a video prior to the start of school for parents that choose not to homeschool.
Last year there was no choice for online learning. Schools just shut down. The learning consisted of Zoom calls and choice boards.
Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And it would help to know (a) what the legal custody situation is, (b) what the disagreement between you and NCP involves, and (c) what the respective work schedules are.

dthomas42

And it would help to know (a) what the legal custody situation is, (b) what the disagreement between you and NCP involves, and (c) what the respective work schedules are.
joint legal, the cases are going up, and one parent works from home the other can make their own schedule

dthomas42

Important to note that no one is pulling any rank. Just wanted some pros and cons about going or not going to in-person schooling

t74

joint legal, the cases are going up, and one parent works from home the other can make their own schedule
It is good you both have flexible schedules because I expect some schools that begin in-person classes will revert to online if the community conditions change for the worse.

It sounds like you are comfortable with the planning for the procedures at the school.

I find it a concern that they had little setup last year so are developing the distance learning as they go along.

In my area, many parents who are opting for distance learning are choosing the on-line charter school available to all children in the state since they have a track record and experience in that methodology. The state funding for that child goes to the charter; there is no cost to our families. The district loses the state money for that child. If a child is involved in sports or music or drama classes, this generally required the child to be in the district sponsored program in order for the child to participate. I suggest if you are interested in distance learning that you look at programs not offered by the district as well as those of the child's district designated home school .

dthomas42

It is good you both have flexible schedules because I expect some schools that begin in-person classes will revert to online if the community conditions change for the worse.

It sounds like you are comfortable with the planning for the procedures at the school.

I find it a concern that they had little setup last year so are developing the distance learning as they go along.

In my area, many parents who are opting for distance learning are choosing the on-line charter school available to all children in the state since they have a track record and experience in that methodology. The state funding for that child goes to the charter; there is no cost to our families. The district loses the state money for that child. If a child is involved in sports or music or drama classes, this generally required the child to be in the district sponsored program in order for the child to participate. I suggest if you are interested in distance learning that you look at programs not offered by the district as well as those of the child's district designated home school .
[/QUOTE]

thank you for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">