• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntergirl72482

What is the name of your state? NV

in the state of nevada if a child is born in a marriage doesnt that make the husband the father untill proven otherwise

Just Blue

huntergirl72482 said:
What is the name of your state? NV

in the state of nevada if a child is born in a marriage doesnt that make the husband the father untill proven otherwise

Yep!.....So what kind of scam are you trying to pull off?:confused:

CJane

baystategirl said:
Yep!.....So what kind of scam are you trying to pull off?:confused:
I have a question though... because I'm such a big fan of wrenches in the works... what if that marriage took place just before the child was born, and the child was born w/in 300 days after the end of the first marriage?

Just Blue

CJane said:
I have a question though... because I'm such a big fan of wrenches in the works... what if that marriage took place just before the child was born, and the child was born w/in 300 days after the end of the first marriage?

Ahhh! That would be a wrench wouldn't it....A big ol' fat gray area.....

OK ...OP what is the deal?

huntergirl72482

the reason i asked that question is my ex boyfriend has custody of my daughter in nevada she was born in a marriage my husband was never ruled out paternity was never established no father is on her birth certificate but my ex boyfriend got custody

Just Blue

huntergirl72482 said:
the reason i asked that question is my ex boyfriend has custody of my daughter in nevada she was born in a marriage my husband was never ruled out paternity was never established no father is on her birth certificate but my ex boyfriend got custody

If you want to get advice you need to answer the questions I asked in the pm...It really stink to have to pull teeth to get enough information to help someone...

Just Blue

CJane said:
How on Earth did he get custody w/out paternity being established?

I have read (probably here) that you can sign an AOP and that will do it....maybe...I don't know...:eek:

But OP pm'ed me and I asked a BUNCH of questions that haven't been answered.....:(

CJane

baystategirl said:
I have read (probably here) that you can sign an AOP and that will do it....maybe...I don't know...:eek:

But OP pm'ed me and I asked a BUNCH of questions that haven't been answered.....:(

Well, yeah but an AOP would be establishment of paternity.

I know that when the baby's dad was signing the AOP, we were told that if he didn't sign it in the hospital before the baby was released, then he'd have to have DNA done, or go to court to have it filed. Don't know how accurate that was.

If the 'father' legally signed an AOP though, then paternity WAS established legally.

Just Blue

CJane said:
Well, yeah but an AOP would be establishment of paternity.

I know that when the baby's dad was signing the AOP, we were told that if he didn't sign it in the hospital before the baby was released, then he'd have to have DNA done, or go to court to have it filed. Don't know how accurate that was.

If the 'father' legally signed an AOP though, then paternity WAS established legally.
Yeah...thats what I thought ...but OP just won't answer the questions...

CJane

huntergirl72482 said:
look miss name caller no children services had nothing to do with it he told the judge he was the father and she granted him custody
Well then, it sounds like paternity WAS established legally. He acknowledged himself as the father in court (under oath) and probably had to sign an AOP which was filed with the court. Right now, from the sounds of it, whether he's biologically the father or not, he's legally the father.

Why was he granted custody?

Just Blue

huntergirl72482 said:
look miss name caller no children services had nothing to do with it he told the judge he was the father and she granted him custody

Who called you a name?? How did this situation come about? Did he walk into a court one day and say "Hey! I am the daddy to little Jr. here....Give her to me judge!"...and the next day the sheriff was at your door to take her away??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">