• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntergirl72482

ok this is going no where fast i need to hire a lawyer get the case back in front of the judge speak my side and go from there thanks for trying to help but none of you are lawyers i need a lawyer not an advice group

CJane

huntergirl72482 said:
ok this is going no where fast i need to hire a lawyer get the case back in front of the judge speak my side and go from there thanks for trying to help but none of you are lawyers i need a lawyer not an advice group

Buh bye. Be sure to let us know when the attorney tells you exactly the same thing we've told you. And yeah, some of us are lawyers.

CJane

huntergirl72482 said:
well you dont act to professional bout it
You've been given accurate legal advice. Yes, you can hire an attorney, and you could file for a modification of custody. It may or may not be granted - you'd have to prove it's in the child's best interests to leave her father behind.

However, you will get nowhere with the request to disestablish paternity. Besides, from your posts, it sounds as if you know this man is the father. So why argue with it?

huntergirl72482

no genius that is where you are WRONG i was with someone else at the time i got pregnant and dont think he is the father that is why i agreed to joint custody only after paternity and if he was the father

S

shell007

huntergirl72482 said:
no genius that is where you are WRONG i was with someone else at the time i got pregnant and dont think he is the father that is why i agreed to joint custody only after paternity and if he was the father
OMG:eek: :eek:

Will you please TRY to put periods in your sentences so that what you are saying AT LEAST makes grammatical sense if not common sense??

CJane

huntergirl72482 said:
What you are failing to understand is that once paternity is legally established, it doesn't matter if he's the biodad or not. He's willing to support the child. He was willing to stand up in court and swear the child is his. He's the child's FATHER for all intents and purposes, regardless of how many men you were sleeping with at the same time.

weenor

OP- nice of you to pick those trying to help you, who have given you good advice...but if you want an attorney's opinion...

Bottom line, you did not show up for your hearing and the judge had nothing to listen to besides the b/f. How long ago was this? You only have a certain number of days to file for reconsideration and a certain number of days to file for appeal....sounds like you've been sitting on your butt...of course you can't afford an attorney...no one can....guess the kid isn't important enough.

If your appeal time has expired you have a new burden of proof to get custody changed....so that will suck...good luck:rolleyes:

ceara19

huntergirl72482 said:
So, not only were you married to one man, but you were screwing around with not one, but TWO OTHER guys?? Does the dad know there's at least a 50/50 chance he's NOT the father?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">