• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In need of some help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kokis&Milk

What is the name of your state? California
My boyfriend and I are renting a room out of his friends house. We've been living here for about 3 years and have no wriiten contract with the people we live with.. We have been paying the rent on the same day every month which is the 21st. Lately the people we live with have been just coming to us on any day of the month and saying we want the money today, and if you cant give it to us today get out tomorrow.
It first started with our keys and mail. Our room is in the garage which is connected to the house which we can only get into through a door. The only reason we ever go into the house is to use the bathroom(thats the only part of the main house that we are allowed to use), everyday however they lock us out of the house so we have to make sure we bring our keys with us anytime we need to go use the bathroom. One day we left the keys in the bathroom, they found the keys looked through them and took the key for the mailbox (which they gave us) and told us that they didnt want us to have a key to the mailbox anymore. From that day on we never recieve any of our mail. We know for a fact that they have been withholding our mail.
The next problem is that they have been telling us that we have been causing them to have a "HUGE" electric bill, and because of that they raised our rent to $300 a month. We were skeptical of the fact that two people in one small room could accumulate such a big bill compared to three people in a big house and asked to see the bill, they rufused to show us.
And the last problem that we have been having is our living conditions, my boyfriend and I have been getting sick on and off very frequently since we have been living here. There is water that leaks from our neighbors garage into our room it is creating a mold on the walls that we have complained about. There is mold growing in the bathroom or at least something that looks like mold. After complaining about this to the people we live with they sent THEIR SON to come and look at it!!! He looked at it said he couldnt do anything about it and nothing was done. We complained again yesterday after they told us that they dont want us to leave any lights or fans on when we go to work (due to the supposeldy HUGE electric bill). We had to tell them that the reason the fan is always on when we leave is because if we dont the water will seep in and will just create a large puddle on the floor, we leave the fan on to dry up the water.This is only some of the problems not including the roach infestation. Everytime we complain about these problems it comes to a big argument one of which happened yesterday. Anyway I this is the point we are at now and Im not sure what I should do now. We are at the moment looking for an apartment, but is there anything else we should do??? They are trying to kick us out when we have no place else to go.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

did you ever make friends with a paragraph?

Use it and leave out the crap. The facts and only the facts.

No one is going to read this epic.

Kokis&Milk

Wow you're no help ^^ I see youre making friends with pms pretty well. I understand if its too big for you to read but you dont have to be rude about it.

S

shell007

BelizeBreeze said:
did you ever make friends with a paragraph?

Use it and leave out the crap. The facts and only the facts.

No one is going to read this epic.
I agree.

I got through the first few lines then EVERYTHING went blurry. I think I re-read the same line 3 times.

S

shell007

Kokis&Milk said:
Wow you're no help ^^ I see youre making friends with pms pretty well. I understand if its too big for you to read but you dont have to be rude about it.
Having an attitude around here will get you NO WHERE FAST! Just an FYI !!

Kokis&Milk

BelizeBreeze said:
Here's some advice.

you get nothing from me.
Actually I got something from you just a bad attitude. Excuse me for asking for advice. I dont really think it would kill you to say it nicer would it? And saying you get nothing from me isnt actually advice. Seeing the way you are I wouldnt really want anything from you.

S

shell007

Kokis&Milk said:
Actually I got something from you just a bad attitude. Excuse me for asking for advice. I dont really think it would kill you to say it nicer would it? And saying you get nothing from me isnt actually advice. Seeing the way you are I wouldnt really want anything from you.
Now you've done it!!! If you get advice from anyone around here...consider yourself lucky.

C'mon...have you even looked at your original post. In case you haven't...here you go:

My boyfriend and I are renting a room out of his friends house. We've been living here for about 3 years and have no wriiten contract with the people we live with.. We have been paying the rent on the same day every month which is the 21st. Lately the people we live with have been just coming to us on any day of the month and saying we want the money today, and if you cant give it to us today get out tomorrow.
It first started with our keys and mail. Our room is in the garage which is connected to the house which we can only get into through a door. The only reason we ever go into the house is to use the bathroom(thats the only part of the main house that we are allowed to use), everyday however they lock us out of the house so we have to make sure we bring our keys with us anytime we need to go use the bathroom. One day we left the keys in the bathroom, they found the keys looked through them and took the key for the mailbox (which they gave us) and told us that they didnt want us to have a key to the mailbox anymore. From that day on we never recieve any of our mail. We know for a fact that they have been withholding our mail.
The next problem is that they have been telling us that we have been causing them to have a "HUGE" electric bill, and because of that they raised our rent to $300 a month. We were skeptical of the fact that two people in one small room could accumulate such a big bill compared to three people in a big house and asked to see the bill, they rufused to show us.
And the last problem that we have been having is our living conditions, my boyfriend and I have been getting sick on and off very frequently since we have been living here. There is water that leaks from our neighbors garage into our room it is creating a mold on the walls that we have complained about. There is mold growing in the bathroom or at least something that looks like mold. After complaining about this to the people we live with they sent THEIR SON to come and look at it!!! He looked at it said he couldnt do anything about it and nothing was done. We complained again yesterday after they told us that they dont want us to leave any lights or fans on when we go to work (due to the supposeldy HUGE electric bill). We had to tell them that the reason the fan is always on when we leave is because if we dont the water will seep in and will just create a large puddle on the floor, we leave the fan on to dry up the water.This is only some of the problems not including the roach infestation. Everytime we complain about these problems it comes to a big argument one of which happened yesterday. Anyway I this is the point we are at now and Im not sure what I should do now. We are at the moment looking for an apartmen, but is there anything else we should do??? They are trying to kick us out when we have no place else to go.
WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

BelizeBreeze

Kokis&Milk said:
I dont really think it would kill you to say it nicer would it? .
We regret to inform you that we are not, at this time, looking for subjects in your genre. We wish you the best of luck in your search and encourage you to continue writing.:D

Kokis&Milk

Look she gave the attitude first, excuse me for not kissing her ass. Yes I have seen my post because... dont be alarmed now!! I wrote it!!! So I may not get any advice here, life will go on. Asking never hurt. But both of you going into bitch mode doesn't hurt either. If you can't read it just say so, and Ill dumb it down for you.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Kokis&Milk said:
Look she gave the attitude first, excuse me for not kissing her ass. Yes I have seen my post because... dont be alarmed now!! I wrote it!!! So I may not get any advice here, life will go on. Asking never hurt. But both of you trying to be as evil as you can be just because its over the internet dosent mean Im going to be sweet either.
quite the sexist are you????:D

S

shell007

BelizeBreeze said:
We regret to inform you that we are not, at this time, looking for subjects in your genre. We wish you the best of luck in your search and encourage you to continue writing.:D
I know a 2-year-old that might like it! :D :D

Gaga, gogo,gaga,gogo,gaga **************..

S

shell007

Kokis&Milk said:
Look she gave the attitude first, excuse me for not kissing her ass. Yes I have seen my post because... dont be alarmed now!! I wrote it!!! So I may not get any advice here, life will go on. Asking never hurt. But both of you trying to be as evil as you can be just because its over the internet dosent mean Im going to be sweet either.
Believe it or not,I actually tried to read it and JUST COULDN'T DO IT. I might not have been able to give you any legal advice, but.....WE'LL NEVER KNOW BECAUSE I COULDN'T READ IT!!

Seriously...your post is a real strain on the eyes.

If you loose the attitude and type so it's readable...someone may come along and help you.

If you REALLY NEED legal advice....this shouldn't be too much to ask.

Kokis&Milk

shellandty said:
Believe it or not,I actually tried to read it and JUST COULDN'T DO IT. I might not have been able to give you any legal advice, but.....WE'LL NEVER KNOW BECAUSE I COULDN'T READ IT!!

Seriously...your post is a real strain on the eyes.

If you loose the attitude and type so it's readable...someone may come along and help you.

If you REALLY NEED legal advice....this shouldn't be too much to ask.
And not being rude was that too much to ask? Cause it really seems like it. I told you if she would have typed it out nicer instead of you know
did you ever made friends with a paragraph?
It could have gone something like um I dont know "This is too long you might want to cut it down".

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">