• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I finally received the Disability Decision Letter, please tell me what it means...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KidNovak

What is the name of your state? KY

Continued from this thread:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=339415

I finally received the Disability decision letter from SSA. The first BOLD line said “NOTICE OF DECISION – FULLY FAVORABLE”.

The last page and last paragraph of the letter read…
“DECISION”
Based on the application for a period of disability and disability insurance benefits protectively filed on March 19, 2004 the claimant has been disabled under sections BLAH BLAH of the Social Security Act beginning September 17, 2003.

Based on the application for supplemental security insurance income protectively filed on March 19, 2004, the claimant has been disabled under section BLAH BLAH of the Social Security Act beginning on September 17, 2003.

The component of the Social Security Administration responsible for authorizing supplemental security income will advise the claimant regarding the non-disability requirements for these payments, and if eligible, the amount and the months for which payment will be made.

Medical improvement is expected with appropriate treatment. Consequently, a continuing disability review is recommended in 18 months.

So what does the above paragraph mean?

The letter had a total of 9 pages. I only understand about half of the letter.

Anyway, I wasn’t really surprised of being approved; I was more stressed out on the waiting game.
One reason I wasn’t surprised is because my Attorney said I didn’t need to bring a witness to the hearing.

Speaking of waiting…
The letter said “Another office will process the decision and send you a letter about your benefits. Your local SS Office or another may first ask you for more information. If you do not hear anything in 60 days, contact your local office.”

O.K., now what is the average wait before receiving some kind of back pay or monthly check. Also what do I need to do about Medicare?

I really appreciate the feedbacks,
Novak

Last edited:

BL

What is the name of your state? KY

Continued from this thread:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=339415

I finally received the Disability decision letter from SSA. The first BOLD line said “NOTICE OF DECISION – FULLY FAVORABLE”.

The last page and last paragraph of the letter read…
“DECISION”
Based on the application for a period of disability and disability insurance benefits protectively filed on March 19, 2004 the claimant has been disabled under sections BLAH BLAH of the Social Security Act beginning September 17, 2003.

Based on the application for supplemental security insurance income protectively filed on March 19, 2004, the claimant has been disabled under section BLAH BLAH of the Social Security Act beginning on September 17, 2003.

The component of the Social Security Administration responsible for authorizing supplemental security income will advise the claimant regarding the non-disability requirements for these payments, and if eligible, the amount and the months for which payment will be made.

Medical improvement is expected with appropriate treatment. Consequently, a continuing disability review is recommended in 18 months.

So what does the above paragraph mean?

The letter had a total of 9 pages. I only understand about half of the letter.

Anyway, I wasn’t really surprised of being approved; I was more stressed out on the waiting game.
One reason I wasn’t surprised is because my Attorney said I didn’t need to bring a witness to the hearing.

Speaking of waiting…
The letter said “Another office will process the decision and send you a letter about your benefits. Your local SS Office or another may first ask you for more information. If you do not hear anything in 60 days, contact your local office.”

O.K., now what is the average wait before receiving some kind of back pay or monthly check. Also what do I need to do about Medicare?

I really appreciate the feedbacks,
Novak

Medicare usually kicks in automatically after 2 years .

Waiting period from eligibility to is 5 months ( that means you don't qualify for benefits for 5 months ).

You decision has been forwarded to the payment center to determine what past months your were eligible for , and what your payments will be .

Waiting period could very for weeks to a couple of months .

Your disability is expected to improve , SSA will send out a form and/or have you re-evaluated in 18 mons. to determine if you're capable of working at any gainful employment .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">