• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Likely worst case scenario

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikhah

What is the name of your state? OH

Okay, I posted here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=360116

But haven't heard back from anyone. Let me cut the chase: What is the worst case scenario if the judge just takes the word of these people over their contradictions in the Police Report (differing from my appearance, etc)?

I have no criminal record whatsoever, I am a married father of three, a full time student and in addition am employed teaching Martial Arts. The charge is a Second Degree Misdemeanor which carries up to 90 days in jail and up to $750 in fines. What is the likely worst case scenario if I am found guilty? That is, I know what the maximum sentence is, but I want to know, realistically what would be the approximate probable negative outcome; so that I can plan for the worst but strive for the best.

Thank you in advance.

racer72

Keep all your posts in one thread, makes is easier to read and folks don't have to switch between threads.

Mikhah

Yes, sorry about that. I posted in another forum here because I figured I had not narrowed down my question enough here, or perhaps posted in the wrong place. In any event, I extend my appologies if I used any bad manners in doing that.

jmnixon333

Sentencing

Worst case scenerio is probably 180 days probation and a $300 fine and maybe some sort of community service;because you have no prior record. My husband has had his dealings with the law and is pretty familiar with this type of thing. He said to tell you, he wouldn't be worried about it if it were him. Hope this makes you feel better.

Mikhah

Okay check this out. I have a pre-trial set now for the first. I'm not sure why there was none set originally, but I talked to my attorney and got some things cleared up. But I ALSO found this:

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/01/15/loc_safetybriefs15.html

The accusor apparently is a car vandal!

It makes a bit more sense now. I could have been parked next to this dude when one of his 50 victims gave him some vigilante pay back. He probably comes out to see it keyed and waits somewhere to see who gets into the car next to him. Maybe he even thinks I am one of his vandalized victims from a distance; or maybe he didn't see me even walk past his car (which would make sense since he said I had black hair, when my hair is blonde and it was shaven), and just blamed the schmuck (me), parked near or next to him. God knows, but I know that it's not coincidental that this dude gets his car keyed, blames someone who he merely sees walk past his car and THEN it turns out he vandalized 50 peoples' cars in 2004. Too much coincidence for it to be one.

This dude seems like a psycho, and this was probably his "karma" (if you'll bear with my use of that word), coming to bite him in the ass. Unfortunately, I seem to have been parked nearby when it did. It goes without saying that neither I nor anyone I know was one of his 50 victims. Am I wrong to think that this should be dropped at the pre-trial; given both the fact that in the original police report they said they "thought" I keyed the car(s) (later saying to the prosecutor that I did it, not that they "thought" I did), and given the fact that a likely scenario for what happened has now emerged?

Maybe I shouldn't get too excited yet, but at least it finally makes sense to ME (whereas until finding this it didn't make a bit of sense).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">