• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 yr old son ratted out for buying Pot at school & expelled and charged with distrib

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Son bought small amnt of pot at school. Someone told principle ( nothing was actually SEEN going down). Son admitted buying, showed it to girl he got it for them to share and she took it and kept it ).He is being charged with distribution. She got suspended for 5 days, my son for 10 days with recommendation for long term suspension until end of year. We can apply for alternative school but the distribution charge prohibits him from going to alternative school. We can't put him in the recommended drug treatment program bcause that too keeps us from appealing to schools long term suspension. We are currently appealing the 10 day suspension with the recommendation for long term expulsion. What are our options and how can we go about getting the long term suspension removed ?
Wow. My kid would be in a treatment program ASAP, and then on a leash so tight s/he wouldn't be able to take a leak w/o my knowing it. What is with this "OMG we need to get him off!!!" attitude? No wonder kids are so screwed up.

MammaCore

My 14 year old son

he has been punished SEVERELY. He has had his computer taken away, his X box 360, his cell phone, He is made to get up in the morning and do all MY house work. We agree to the 10 day suspension, we have contacted our mental health provider and he has started counseling for his drug use as well as any emotional problems that lead him to smoke the stuff to begin with.The days my husband and I have to be away from home for ANY amount of time he is sent to his grandparents or my sisters.He is not allowed to be at home ALONE. NO one is allowed to come over. so he is GROUNDED. His drug test came back negative so it has been a while since he has smoked. He has agreed to submit to random drug tests by us as well as his counselor.
When I said a small amount it was not an ounce but just enough for him and his 2 friends to catch a buzz with. Ratted out I meant he wasn't caught in person but told on. he admitted everything to the principle even though his friend had already taken it from my son' back pack. HE NEEDED to get caught and I am GLAD HE DID.
Even a SEED or STEM is way too much as far as I am concerned, 10 days suspension of fair punishment. To be kicked out for rest of the 9th grade NOT fair.
The drug program associated with the school forces my son to stay OUT of the alternative school. In other words, he stays out of school completely the rest of this school year so that is why we put him in another drug treatment program. This is what we a re fighting. The fact that my son may be forces to stay out of school the rest of the 9th grade year without being able to even go to the alternative school.
I came here looking for some advice.. not to get THIS

When a parent says it was a "small" amount of pot etc...etc...and is covering up his "little" problem over and over again...the problem is you!

You are enabling him and the sooner you realize it the better off HE will be.

WOW! Not the Mom/Dad of the year OP.

No one will get through to this person. She thinks very little of herself and her kid,(That is in so much need of help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The drug program associated with the school forces my son to stay OUT of the alternative school. In other words, he stays out of school completely the rest of this school year so that is why we put him in another drug treatment program. This is what we a re fighting. The fact that my son may be forces to stay out of school the rest of the 9th grade year without being able to even go to the alternative school.
Psssst - it's called home schooling.

MammaCore

homeschool option

Yep...... ealready looking into that option as well. i have requested the information I need to get my agenda and everything approved by school board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">