• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 at the time possession of less than 15 grms cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgersh

and yes she has been in couceling for this past hear

She is at a private school now and is doing better, by a grant, by the way, great grades and a great athelete. She confessed to her coach and has been reinstated with the team, finally. Yeah, the high school scene was very tempting for her and she certainly indulged and we are as a family working on this with her.

AHA

georgersh said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
My daughter was "arrested" 4/22/05 age 15 with posession of cocaine. We were called to pick her up at the police station. I asked what would happen and the police office told me to call the juvenile department for any upcoming like anything i quess, which I did for ovewr 6 weeks. They NEVER had anything for her. Just this 4/17/06 we got summons to be in court this 5/18/06 for juvenile posession of a controlled substance with less than 15 grams. 1) Isn't there something called Due Process, why take one year to summons her & I. 2) we don't have the $6000 the crimminal attorney that I saw charged, he told me to use a public defender. My daughter is really upset and thinks that a public defender won't do anything for her, I did reassure her, but you know what, I really don't know!! It was her first offense and she has been terrific in realizing that her ways last did ruined her reputation and her "life" she has been doing great, any advie would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE!!
If you can't afford an attorney for your daughter, she's going to HAVE to go for the public defender. There's no point discussing that fact.

Every court has how many thousands of cases every year, and your daughter's had to get in line and wait for it's turn. Now her time is here.

No one can say what will happen in court.

Just Blue

georgersh said:
very small in the corner of a baggy that was wet and dirty, according to the police. The summons said posession with "less than 15 grams". Thanks.

They weighed it by now, dear. 15gms and more would be a whole othe ballgame...just like if it was under 1gm it would be a different charge and punishment...What is the code they are using ?

I found it....Your daughter is in deep sh*t...

http://www.iwu.edu/~ccs/Bobs_Webpages/Illinois_Drug_Laws.htm

COCAINE
(1 to 15 grams)
720 ILCS 570/401

Felony Up to $250,000 &/or 4 to 15 Years in Pen.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

georgersh said:
She is at a private school now and is doing better, by a grant, by the way, great grades and a great athelete. She confessed to her coach and has been reinstated with the team, finally. Yeah, the high school scene was very tempting for her and she certainly indulged and we are as a family working on this with her.

She is in a private school now? Yet she confessed to her coach and got reinstated with the team finally?

:rolleyes:

Just Blue

Shay-Pari'e said:
georgersh said:

She is in a private school now? Yet she confessed to her coach and got reinstated with the team finally?

:rolleyes:

It is likely that she is on some private team...but she will loose her "grant" once she is convicted of the drug charge...and will likely finish high school in prison...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">