• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old moving out in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SwaggBro

Just to inform the ones of you who view this or post replies to my original post, I moved out last night and there was nothing my parents could do to stop me. I was entitled to things I purchased and my clothes. At the age of 18 the "Age of Majority" takes into affect. It is required for parents to continue providing untill a child is 18 or graduated, which ever is later. However, if an 18 year old child moves out there is no obligation for them to stay home. I got everything exceot the car I paid for but was in my mom's name, my guitar that my mom only paid $40 for, and some Xbox games and DVD's. Everything else was in my name so I got it. If you would like any information regarding this just leave a post and I'll get back to you.
I am 17 i turn 18 next friday and i plan on moving in with my girlfriend and her mom.. and i told my mom that im moving out next friday but i think she avoiding the whole thing..

So my parents for sure can't do nothing about it if i move out next friday ?

Proserpina

I am 17 i turn 18 next friday and i plan on moving in with my girlfriend and her mom.. and i told my mom that im moving out next friday but i think she avoiding the whole thing..

So my parents for sure can't do nothing about it if i move out next friday ?

Dude, please start your own thread.

This one is positively ancient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">