• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old student rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlyleII

No one is wronging you.
That's not what I mean.

You're the one who did wrong by skipping class.
That's what I mean.

Now you are learning that actions have consequences, and that you can't always avoid them.
I'm not trying to avoid getting a consequence. If I'm old enough to take responsibility for signing the paper that opens up all the possible consequences - why shouldn't I try?

If they're gonna offer alternatives to one group of people, they should offer an alternative to the other group of people too. (and the reason lots of people trade Saturdays for licks is because they're working) And yeh, he has now offered the day of ISS but even he said he didn't like to discipline tardiness/skipping by taking you out of more classes (which yeh makes sense), but he won't let me do detentions after school. ?

A friend and I can do exactly the same thing but only one of us is impacted with their academics? Nothing wrong with that?...

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If they're gonna offer alternatives to one group of people, they should offer an alternative to the other group of people too.

The law does not say they must.

You do not have a "right" to choose your discipline. What is it going to take to get that through your head?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you mean legally, no. There is really nothing legally wrong with one group being granted an option that another group is not offered. There are limited exceptions but they do not appear to apply here.

And as we've already pointed out, you cannot force the principal to use corporal punishment. That answer is not going to change no matter how hard you try to twist the issues.

CarlyleII

If you mean legally, no. There is really nothing legally wrong with one group being granted an option that another group is not offered. There are limited exceptions but they do not appear to apply here.
Yeh, I did mean legally.

And as we've already pointed out, you cannot force the principal to use corporal punishment. That answer is not going to change no matter how hard you try to twist the issues.
I don't even want the whippin.

But like I said, a friend could do the same as me, take the licks, go to work and not miss any more class time.

I can either miss work or miss class time? With no alternatives (I don't care what the alternative is - but there must be some way!)

CarlyleII

This is the thread that will never end.
There's an end. I promise to stop complaining at the latest tomorrow because by then the decision has to be made. And I can live with that being that.

But I did want to check that there's really nothing else I can do about this situation I put myself in. I admit it sounds like there's nothin, I'll quit whining.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. There is really nothing you can do about the situation you put yourself in.

It is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, your choice as to how any given authority disciplines you. Not your parents, not the school, not your employer(s), not the law. It's not SUPPOSED to be convenient for you. The whole POINT of discipline is to be uncomfortable or inconvenient.

Pro, honey, you need my help, you've got it. Just say the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">