• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misslawli

What is the name of your state?AZ
I have a car loan that is 30 days past due. Well only a portion of it is. My account handler has sent it for reposession. The problem I have with her is after I have made arrangements to get it taken care of, she still calls 6-8 times a daystarting at 7 am, calls my work 4-5 times a day. I am not allowed to recieve personal calls at work. Plus if I do get calls it is very hard to locate me. When she calls my work she is EXTREMELY rude to my coworkers that answer the phone. My managers told me that all I had to do was tell her I cant recieve calls at work and leagally she couldn't call me at work. I told her not to call me at work, she said that if she can't get ahold of me at home she WILL call me at work at I can do nothing to stop it. Who is right in this one. Also when I got the car in Jan, the finance guy at the dealership said my payment were around $325.( after I told him I couldn't go over$300, he said it was already a done deal, no way out now.) I still havent recieved a statement for billing. My account handler said my payments are $341 a month. I have given my adress 3 times, andstill nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B

blameshifting

Your loan papers should have disclosed what the terms of your loan were, loan amount, interest rate, number of payments, amount of each payment, where payment should be sent, when payment is due.

Did you bother to read all that before you signed? If so what is your beef about the payment, it was disclosed and you agreed to it.

What do you mean by having "made arrangements to get it taken care of"?

If you don't want to recieve calls from this bill collector then simply don't take her calls. That won't stop them from taking your car.

Does the debt collector work for the original creditor or is she working for a third part debt collection agency?

misslawli

I know stupid me I just took his word for it and signed where the X were. Most of it I did read through, but that part I didn't.
Yes the "handler" is with the original company. I m sorry I for got to specify, It was $150 that was past due. I know it was still past due, but I called and told her what a rotten turn of luck I had been through she said "things happen I wil make a note and try to work with you." I told her the payments would be, I work in a "tipped"wage job, I pay as much every day hat I worked until it was caught up. I even told her, I understand I owe them money they are my biggest priority. but still several nasty messeges a day. The place I work is 250,000sq ft. with 600 people working. It is not always possible to know where I am, only half the people there know who I am, and if we are not there they are not allowed to give the info at to when we work next. Iwas just wondering who is right on the calling at work thing. I am aware that I owe them money I am not trying to get out of paying I was just trying to find out if I tell her I cant be reached at work can she leagally still call my work. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">