• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19yrs dating 17

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imsadbcofher

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am 19 years old and my gf is 17 yrs old. Ive been dating for 2 weeks. this past wednesdays (06-15-05) her dad caught me in their house while i was cuddling her and told me to go home. he said that we're too young and both need to finish college first (she's gonna be a senior in high school). two days later, friday, i got caught again -_- infront of her house while we're making out in my car. both times i wasnt aware of his presence. he usually comes home at around 530, but i got caught both times around 4 and 420pm ><. he was very mad the second time and told me that she's a minor. he told me never to come here and pick her up again or else he would call the police. he was getting my license plate number :( . he took all the phones away from her. So i wonder what's the worst thing that he could do to me? i really like her and still want to see her. could you guys please provide me more info and any advice would be great help. Thank you!

Curt581

imsadbcofher said:
So i wonder what's the worst thing that he could do to me?
The WORST thing? Hmmmm....

Let's think about this for a minute.

Boy, you live in Texas

This her Father you're talking about, and you've got your paws on his sweet baby daughter.

Have to ever heard of a side-by-side double 12 gauge shotgun? :eek:

Father

Daughter

12 gauge

Let me know if I'm going too fast for you.

Father

Daughter

12 gauge

Do you still need more time to think?

Wolflmg

Dude, you need to respect her father's wishes. She is still a minor, while your an adult. So until she is an adult dad can keep her as far from you as we wants. So I suggest if you don't want to end up in any more trouble, leave the girl alone and respect her fathers wishes. If you keep on breaking all his rules, you'll never earn any respect from him.

imsadbcofher

well, i am pretty sure he has bad impression of me from both times. But what's the point of earning his respect by giving up the girl i like? i mean i know he's doing what any father would do to protect their daughter, but then again not every guy is the same. could u guys please give me more insights about the texas laws and things he could legally do to me? Thank you.

P.S. he is a stern in individual. i dont know if ethnicity matters, but he is asian.

ldkirby

imsadbcofher said:
well, i am pretty sure he has bad impression of me from both times. But what's the point of earning his respect by giving up the girl i like? i mean i know he's doing what any father would do to protect their daughter, but then again not every guy is the same. could u guys please give me more insights about the texas laws and things he could legally do to me? Thank you.

P.S. he is a stern in individual. i dont know if ethnicity matters, but he is asian.
The point of earning his respect is so that you can be a good citizen...and maintain your life.

Burt is right, you are young, you will get over it. We have all been there. Can't even remember the names of guys my friends and I cried about at 17, but we were CERTAIN they were "the one".

As for being stern-good. We need more parents like that these days. His ethinicity matters not. His daughter, his rules...don't break them.

Wolflmg

imsadbcofher said:

You don't have to give her up. You just have to wait things out, let things cool down. I'm 21, but if I were her father or mother and I found some guy makingout with my daughter or getting a little too close for confort. I'd probably be mad too, because I know what that kind of stuff can lead too. Teenage girls end up pregnant all the time. I know of several cases where that has happened.
You need to wait until she is 18 and then she is in control of who she dates, until then her father can keep her away from you. Once she turns 18, this is what I would do, go to her father and ask his for his premission to date his daughter, be honest, be respectful and he should respect you. Until then you stay away from her. If it's meant to be, it will happen. Sometimes we have to wait for the things we want the most.

imsadbcofher

i understand what you guys are saying and all those are great advices. However, i really miss her at the moment and havent spoken to her over the phones for days. Even then, I dont really know what to say to her regarding this matter. I want things to work out, but how? I really want to go straight up and ask for his permission right now....should I? And another thing i am not clear about is that Texas age of consent is 17, what does that mean? Does it have anything to do with her parents physically having the possession of her until she's 18? ahhh....i dont know what to say or what to do :confused: :confused: ---- once again, thank you very much for all. More would help.

Wolflmg

imsadbcofher said:
i understand what you guys are saying and all those are great advices. However, i really miss her at the moment and havent spoken to her over the phones for days. Even then, I dont really know what to say to her regarding this matter. I want things to work out, but how? I really want to go straight up and ask for his permission right now....should I? And another thing i am not clear about is that Texas age of consent is 17, what does that mean? Does it have anything to do with her parents physically having the possession of her until she's 18? ahhh....i dont know what to say or what to do :confused: :confused: ---- once again, thank you very much for all. More would help.
You have been given all the information that can be offered. Until she is 18 her parents have a say in who she can see and not see. She's still a minor, while your an adult. The only way her father will ever trust you, is if you do as he says. And if that means staying away from his daughter then that is what you have to do. There is no way around it. You need to wait it out, wait a few weeks. Don;t call her, email her or anything. And then if you want go to her father alone, don't even let her know your doing this and then ask him. And if he says no, he says no. And you be really polite about it and leave, and wait it out until she is 18. If you really love her, is she really means that much to you, then you can wait.

imsadbcofher

but hey, i read about the texas age of consent and other info i got from a friend. it says that in texas i can date her without the parents' permission. I just need her consent. but another state law is that parents have physical possession of her until she turns 18. so does that mean it's only up to her to work it out with parents? if i get caught again, wat can the police do since i have her consent?

Wolflmg

imsadbcofher said:
but hey, i read about the texas age of consent and other info i got from a friend. it says that in texas i can date her without the parents' permission. I just need her consent. but another state law is that parents have physical possession of her until she turns 18. so does that mean it's only up to her to work it out with parents? if i get caught again, wat can the police do since i have her consent?
If her parents say they don't want you in the house, then they have the right to ask you to leave or to call the cops to have your removed. It is their home, they pay for it, so they have a right to who comes in into their home. Until their daughter is 18 they are responsibly for her, and while she maybe able to concent to you. Her parents can keep her from seeing you and vice verse, she is still living under the ruleing of their home. Don't defy them, otherwise you'll only make all relationships worse. Both her and yours. Do not put her in a position where she will go behind her parents back. If you truely want this relationship to work and be a healthy one then you obide by her parents wishes. Meaning stop all contact with her until she is 18 or until you have her parents blessing to date her.
Because no one knows if this relationship will last, and if it doesn't. There is really no point in her damageing her relationship with her parents.

Ask youself, if you were the parents and you daughter was hanging around an older guy, an adult. And you started to get the feeling that the relationship was sexaul or starting to become sexual. What would you do? How would you feel?

imsadbcofher

yea, i know what you're saying. i even stated that in the above that i understand what he's doing is corrrect. and i dont plan to go into her house ever again without her parents' invitation :p. i guess i'll just hope for the best. i dont think my words can bend her father even if i tried -_-.

sweetiebaby02v

imsadbcofher said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I am 19 years old and my gf is 17 yrs old. Ive been dating for 2 weeks. this past wednesdays (06-15-05) her dad caught me in their house while i was cuddling her and told me to go home. he said that we're too young and both need to finish college first (she's gonna be a senior in high school). two days later, friday, i got caught again -_- infront of her house while we're making out in my car. both times i wasnt aware of his presence. he usually comes home at around 530, but i got caught both times around 4 and 420pm ><. he was very mad the second time and told me that she's a minor. he told me never to come here and pick her up again or else he would call the police. he was getting my license plate number :( . he took all the phones away from her. So i wonder what's the worst thing that he could do to me? i really like her and still want to see her. could you guys please provide me more info and any advice would be great help. Thank you!
I was in the same situation as you are in. The legal age to consent in Texas is 17 and her dad can not do anything to you except put a restraining order on you. I am still 17 and my fiancee is 19. The only way he can file anything on you is if you are 3 years older than her!

Wolflmg

sweetiebaby02v said:
I was in the same situation as you are in. The legal age to consent in Texas is 17 and her dad can not do anything to you except put a restraining order on you. I am still 17 and my fiancee is 19. The only way he can file anything on you is if you are 3 years older than her!

That maybe so, but there is another problem at risk here. If he defies the fathers wishes, it could end up destroying the relationship this girl has with her father and mother.

And I would say the same thing for you, 17 is way too young to be enganged. Don't believe everything you see on TV, kids in highschool getting married. It hardly ever works out in the end. This is real life kid, not TV, no one is writing the stories or puttign words into your mouth.

You may not think it now, but parents do know what's best, espeachially the ones that want to get involed with their child's relationships (boyfriends/girlfriends) But someday you'll understand and realize that they were right all along.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">