• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Vindictive employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

quicstp

What is the name of your state?TN

In operating a store we have certain guidelines when taking a personal check. I had to call one of the employees at home to inquire about a check she had taken that was a code on our scanner. When a code appears you are not supposed to take the check. When I ask the employee why she took it her reply was that the customer had gas what was she supposed to do. I replied to her she should have taken the check for the amount of gas only which was $30 instead of $80, if the customer did not have any other means of paying for the purchase and that I would not have been dumb enough to take the check and give $50 to boot. Taking this the wrong way the employee told another employee that I had called her stupid, making both of them mad at me. Trying to explain neither of them would listen and ending in a week long activity of events. The next to happen, one of the two employees was to work a 4-10 shift, that is scheduled a week in advance. When she arrived at work she called me to say she was not gonna work til 10 pm. I told her this is her schedule, however the next day I saw where she did not stay and another employee did. After veiwing the video, she had cursed me terribly to the employee and customers in the store. Next day, one of the other of the two called me at home after bank closing to inform me she had no bills to break a $100, I informed her to go next door to another business as we do from time to time, she informed me she wasn't walking no d--- where and hung up on me. Next day, finally Friday both of these two worked the 2nd shift as always on Friday. We have one vendor that is always late in the evening on Friday, that both of the employees always tend too except this day. I received a call from the vendor asking me if I would come to the store to write him a check, neither of the employees would handle him today. After our conversation I tried calling back 3 times with no answer until the 3rd time. I ask the employee if there was not any checks signed, she said yes there is checks signed, next I said "are you gonna write him a check" she said no I'm not writing any checks. I told her I would be right there. I arrived at the store, took care of the vendor and permanently relieved both from there duties. After viewing the video, I witnessed them looking at the caller id box when I called and seeing it was me they would just let the phone ring. I witnessed both of them cursing me in front of customers and stating very plainly that if the vendor had to have a check I would have a get off my big a-- to get him. After explaining all of this I wont to be sure I did the right thing and would you consider this insubordination or something else.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

quicstp said:
What is the name of your state?TN

In operating a store we have certain guidelines when taking a personal check. I had to call one of the employees at home to inquire about a check she had taken that was a code on our scanner. When a code appears you are not supposed to take the check. When I ask the employee why she took it her reply was that the customer had gas what was she supposed to do. I replied to her she should have taken the check for the amount of gas only which was $30 instead of $80, if the customer did not have any other means of paying for the purchase and that I would not have been dumb enough to take the check and give $50 to boot. Taking this the wrong way the employee told another employee that I had called her stupid, making both of them mad at me. Trying to explain neither of them would listen and ending in a week long activity of events. The next to happen, one of the two employees was to work a 4-10 shift, that is scheduled a week in advance. When she arrived at work she called me to say she was not gonna work til 10 pm. I told her this is her schedule, however the next day I saw where she did not stay and another employee did. After veiwing the video, she had cursed me terribly to the employee and customers in the store. Next day, one of the other of the two called me at home after bank closing to inform me she had no bills to break a $100, I informed her to go next door to another business as we do from time to time, she informed me she wasn't walking no d--- where and hung up on me. Next day, finally Friday both of these two worked the 2nd shift as always on Friday. We have one vendor that is always late in the evening on Friday, that both of the employees always tend too except this day. I received a call from the vendor asking me if I would come to the store to write him a check, neither of the employees would handle him today. After our conversation I tried calling back 3 times with no answer until the 3rd time. I ask the employee if there was not any checks signed, she said yes there is checks signed, next I said "are you gonna write him a check" she said no I'm not writing any checks. I told her I would be right there. I arrived at the store, took care of the vendor and permanently relieved both from there duties. After viewing the video, I witnessed them looking at the caller id box when I called and seeing it was me they would just let the phone ring. I witnessed both of them cursing me in front of customers and stating very plainly that if the vendor had to have a check I would have a get off my big a-- to get him. After explaining all of this I wont to be sure I did the right thing and would you consider this insubordination or something else.

My response:

I'm surprised you didn't fire these two trailer trash idiots sooner. What the hell is the matter with YOU?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

quicstp said:
Actually I was just thrown into this position, learning day by day. I dont want someone yelling lawsuit, so I try to be careful. I am a very fair person and at first thought this to be a tantrum that the 2 were having and they would get over it. Both girls are fairly nice, so I give them a chance. Disrespect me once and get away with it--shame on me, disrespect me twice--shame on you, your out of here.

My response:

Uh, if you count the infractions you stated, it was more than "twice" - - so shame on you!

And, oh yeah . . . They both sound like real sweathearts.

IAAL

Beth3

quicstp, you've listed about ten good reasons to fire these two. Why in the world haven't you done so already??? I can't imagine why you've been tolerating this behavior. Yes, they have both been grossly insubordinate and on numerous occasions.

P.S. These are "at will" employees, which means you don't have to have "cause" to terminate them to begin with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">