• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2008 Nissan Quest accelerates when i press the brake -smoking gun-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sefnfot

What is the name of your state?CA

Could my car be the proof that Nissan also has the problem as Toyota? with the car accelerating when pressing the brake?
Is my car the smoking gun?

I had 90% of the service on this minivan done at the Nissan dealer.

I had Brake service done around November 2018. and so all work is covered under a 1 year warranty.

before this service I complained that the car was accelerating when I pressed the brake. then I spent around $3500 on car service which included brake service.

so this issue has continued to happen randomly.

I brought the car back to the dealer a few months ago with the same problem.
Their first response was that they could not duplicate the problem.
then I showed the problem to one of the mechanic foreman during a test drive.
then the dealer had the car for another week when they tell me that the foreman could not duplicate the problem.
then a Nissan Engineer came and I could not duplicate the problem during test drive.
the engineer attached a black box to the car and I had to press a trigger if the problem occurred while driving.
the problem did occur several time and pressed the trigger to record the occurrence.

The engineer stated :

I’m the person that looked at the data that you recorded for your Nissan Quest for unintended acceleration. After looking at all 5 recordings, one was blank and had no data and the other four showed no evidence of the vehicle accelerating without accelerator pedal input. Every time the engine rpm went up and the throttle chamber opened, the accelerator pedal was moving in sync suggesting that the pedal was being pressed.

At this point, I can’t find anything wrong with your vehicle. If you feel that there is still a concern, then your next step would be to take it to the dealer when the concern is present to demonstrate it to the technician and hopefully he can catch it on the computer to find what is causing what you’re experiencing.
This person is telling me to show the concern to the technician; however, I already did this.

I understand that this car is beyond the warranty but this isn't simply a case of something not working. but instead it is diabolical for the car to speed up and accelerate when pressing the brake.

The service agent wrote on the service record that they could try to replace the ABS but that it would not guarantee that the issue would not occur again.

If I can prove that this problem is happening then would this put Nissan liable for all accidents that has been claimed to be based on faulty brakes?

what should I do next?

xylene

Could my car be the proof that Nissan also has the problem as Toyota?
The problem with the Toyota was CONCLUSIVELY proven to be the carpeted floor mats...

Just throwing it out there that a different car company's issue is not related.

Personally I would just sell the vehicle. Nissans are crummy cars. 3500 brake job? That's INSANITY That's arguably more than the value of the car. Easily more than the value of the car if the body and interior are anything other than immaculate.

xylene

Also - a defective idle controller can be influenced by changes in vacuum pressure. The brake booster uses the engine vacuum It could be a vac reservoir issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">