• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

29yr.,old female-pregnant by a 16 yr.,old male-Alabama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dolly2

(1). I'm a 29 yr.,old female, in Alabama, who is 4 1/2 months pregnant by a 16 year old male. He will be 17 next month. I fear that his mother will procecute me for statutory rape and have my children taken away from me if she finds out. What are mine, the baby's and the father's rights? He wants to claim the baby and give it his name but I fear what his nother will do. What can she do to me? Would he still have to pay child support?

(2). I am trying to get out of an abusive marriage, that is potentially life-threating to me. If the baby is the 16 yr., old's & not my husband's, how can I keep the abuser from claiming my baby?

------------------
J.A. H.

D

dsut

Statutory rape is the same for women as it is for men. Good grief, you're 13 years older than this kid. AND you're MARRIED! I guess that if the charges are brought against you, you'll have to pay the piper, eh?

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

D

DrunkN_MastR

wow, only in Alabama... :D Since the 16 year old is not of legal age, he cannot give legal consent and you're pretty much guilty of rape, however because of his age the child will pretty much be your responsibility, and a DNA/blood test can prove that it is not your husband's child... which I would recommend you take

Wait a minute, you already HAVE children?? The court will see your actions as irresponsible and may take your children away even if the mother of the 16 year old doesn't press charges... you have to think about these things! If you divorce your husband and cannot prove he is abusive he will get custody of your children.... geez this is gonna be a lose/lose situation.... >=/ See what consequences these actions have?

[This message has been edited by DrunkN_MastR (edited August 30, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">