• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd DWI in 4 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arw2322

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Last weekend I was arrested for DWI. It was raining and I was in a city I didn’t know so was using my GPS. My Gps instructed to make a U-turn and right then I was getting pulled over. I thought it was b/c I was on my cell phone.
He asked if I’ve been drinking and he said no not at all. He then told me to get out of the car to do field sobriety test (one leg stand, pen, walk &turn) I thought I pass all. He then arrested me brought me to the station where I blew a .14. With the DWI he gave me a ticket for going the wrong direction on a one way street. Since I did not know the area I didn’t say anything at the moment. But when I looked at the ticket it said I was traveling in a westerly direction on X Street but west is the right direction. And I didn’t believe I was pulled over on that street but on the street over (2 way street). I called the tow company that towed my car and they told me the street they towed my car (and what they wrote on the ticket) was different from what the cop wrote. Is this something that can help me fight my DWI.

paguy88

plenty of people on the board that can anwser the question.

I am guessing the anwser is no.. but you never know

I would RUSH to get a top notch DUI lawyer
:eek:

irish77

Get a lawyer. The most intricate details can be examined and questioned by the judge, but you have to pay your lawyer some bucks to fight it. Otherwise, you do what I did...say you're guilty, accept applicable punishments and move on. If I had money, I would of fought it, but there's never guarantees that just because you pay tons of money you will win. I mean, you have some details that are wrong on the report, so that could damage the officers' cred when it comes to the breathalyzer report. If they got you on the standardized test, that might be another bag.

You Are Guilty

So let's recap: driving drunk (for the second time in 4 years), while on a cell phone, while going the wrong way down a one way street... and you think that the fact that you pulled over a block away from what the ticket said is a defense?

If you want to have any shot at avoiding jail, you really ought to hire a lawyer, like yesterday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">