• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 day contract canellation in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fcobarr

What is the name of your state? NJ

Not sure if this is under the right topic area.

I bought a used car last Tuesday from a VW dealership and had problems with it from day 1. It's a Jetta diesel which was sold as a "certified vehicle" with a 2 yr/24Kmile warranty.

I'm getting terrible mpg (miles per gallon), found out the ekg valve needs replacing (confirmed by dealer who sold me the car), and then the front brakes locked up on me and were smoking and overheating Friday evening.

I dropped the car off Friday night after the brake lock-up episode at 10 pm and left a note telling them I don't want the car.

Do they legally have to take the car back and give me my money under a "three day right to cancel contract" or something like that if i ask for it? The dealer is telling me that "returning the car is not an option". Before I make my next response, I'm trying to find out what my rights are in this situation. Thanks.

racer72

You have the right to have the vehicle repaired under the warranty. The 3 day right to rescission only applies to cold call sales, you initiated the sale so it does not apply.

Philrobles

Cancelation of contract

Yesterday I entered into a contract to purchase a vacation package with Sundance Vacations, how can I cancel

quincy

Yesterday I entered into a contract to purchase a vacation package with Sundance Vacations, how can I cancel
Philrobles, the name of your state is important. Contracts can often be cancelled but states have different laws that apply to contracts (what can be cancelled and what cannot, and how long you have to cancel). Please include some details about the contract you signed (especially provisions relating to cancellations).

Aside: How can someone locate a thread from 2007 on a car purchase in New Jersey and think, hey, this is a good place to put my question on a vacation package?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">