• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 Months at Dealer Followed by a 1 Year Lemon Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JeepMakesLemons

It's a complicated story, bit here's the simple version:
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4, 60k miles, V6
Tried to back out of my spot one morning, but the rear brakes were locked up. Had it flatbedded to the dealership. They "recalibrated the 4WD system". On the way to work the next morning, ESC OFF kept flashing on the dash. Coming home the brakes started pulsing on their own while ESC OFF was flashing. Back to dealership. This went on for 3 months. The final time I picked it up, they promised they had thoroughly test drove it and it was safe. Driving home, the ebrake came on at 70mph in rush traffic on the freeway. Almost wrecked. Flatbed again. They wanted $3200 more to replace the entire wiring harness. I refused and filed a lemon lawsuit and won. Do I have a negligence case against the dealership?

LdiJ

Tried to back out of my spot one morning, but the rear brakes were locked up. Had it flatbedded to the dealership. They "recalibrated the 4WD system". On the way to work the next morning, ESC OFF kept flashing on the dash. Coming home the brakes started pulsing on their own while ESC OFF was flashing. Back to dealership. This went on for 3 months. The final time I picked it up, they promised they had thoroughly test drove it and it was safe. Driving home, the ebrake came on at 70mph in rush traffic on the freeway. Almost wrecked. Flatbed again. They wanted $3200 more to replace the entire wiring harness. I refused and filed a lemon lawsuit and won. Do I have a negligence case against the dealership?
What did you receive as a result of the lemon lawsuit? Did you get your money back or what were they required to do? The results of the lemon lawsuit are normally your compensation. Its unlikely that you would have an additional, viable, claim of negligence.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Lemon laws vary by state. You might not have any additional legal action to pursue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">