• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spottyruss

I will try this again
MTM tenant for almost three years with no problem.
The few months she has become very depressed and angry due to certain life events.
We had a conversation yesterday and said she's leaving at the end of AAugust.
My question is do I need her to put it in writing and if she does not by August 2 can we charge her for September rent as well?

single317dad

From what appears to be an official source:

http://tenant.net/Other_Areas/Penn/harris/pa-part4.html

http://tenant.net/Other_Areas/Penn/harris/pa-part4.html

A. WHAT NOTICE IS REQUIRED?

The tenant should check the lease, if there is a written one, and see if it states whether or not the tenant must give notice before moving. If the lease says nothing about giving notice, the tenant is not required to do so if the tenant moves out when the lease runs out. But whether the lease says so or not, the tenant should give the landlord as much notice as possible so that the landlord can quickly re-rent the property.

spottyruss

There was never a lease. She was always good with the rent but just became like a cancer to us. Condescending and vindictive to us and our other tenants.

quincy

It looks like tenant.net applies to New York law not PA
The link single317dad provided covers Pennsylvania landlord/tenant law. It refers in the link to Pennsylvania's Landlord and Tenant Act, 68 P.S. Section 250.101-250.602.

LdiJ

I will try this again
MTM tenant for almost three years with no problem.
The few months she has become very depressed and angry due to certain life events.
We had a conversation yesterday and said she's leaving at the end of AAugust.
My question is do I need her to put it in writing and if she does not by August 2 can we charge her for September rent as well?
That all depends on the actual "notice" and rent payment. If she pays (or paid the last month's rent in advance) August's rent and give you proper notice you certainly cannot insist that she is responsible for September rent if she is not out by August 2nd. If you are paid through the end of August then she does not have to vacate before the end of August.

spottyruss

She is not paid ahead. She is paid until July 31. She has not told us that she will be leaving and we have a vacation planned for that week. If we do not return until the first of August does she have possession on that day.

Just Blue

She is not paid ahead. She is paid until July 31. She has not told us that she will be leaving and we have a vacation planned for that week. If we do not return until the first of August does she have possession on that day.
Please post all question regarding this topic to this thread. Thank You
Blue:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">