• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TickledPink

I'm not sure this is the forum for this question. My spouse has been at his job for 8 years and we have been married 5 years this coming July. He has about $25,000 in it. Would I be entitled to half of that should we divorce in addition to half the equity on the house?

T

TickledPink

I forgot to mention in my post that I'm in Indiana. Thank you.

D

dorenephilpot

You are entitled to half the increase in value of the pension/annuity/40lK during the time of the marriage and half the equity in the home that accrued during the marriage.

Anything that was in the funds before the marriage is considered his -- as would be any equity in the home before the marriage.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

It doesn't matter who worked or didn't or who earned what. The marital pot is the marital pot in Indiana.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">