• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I recently found out my x is living with her boyfriend. I do not know anything about him, other than she cheated on me with him, and that is why we are no longer together.

How can I tell if my child is ok? He is a toddler.

She can do as she wants, at it is her life. But, my question is, how do I go about finding out if my child is ok? I know nothing about this person.

I worry because my child is so young. I want the best for him.

And, if I really do have nothing to worry about, that is great. But, I am truly concerned.

Any advise?

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I recently found out my x is living with her boyfriend. I do not know anything about him, other than she cheated on me with him, and that is why we are no longer together.

How can I tell if my child is ok? He is a toddler.

She can do as she wants, at it is her life. But, my question is, how do I go about finding out if my child is ok? I know nothing about this person.

I worry because my child is so young. I want the best for him.

And, if I really do have nothing to worry about, that is great. But, I am truly concerned.

Any advise?
Im sorry I dont have the crystal ball right now....Who has it? Dog do you? Rushia? stealth? anyone?

Proserpina

Im sorry I dont have the crystal ball right now....Who has it? Dog do you? Rushia? stealth? anyone?
Nope...I did see Ana getting ready to go bowling though....

;)

OP - it's pretty much none of your business unless it's obvious that the child is in danger.

(are you actually legally established as Dad?).

Your ex can have who she wants around the child - and so can you. Neither of you has the right to demand prior approval of partners/friends/playmates/whatever.

Topic

?

I understand that. I do not have any issues with who ever she wants to be with. It is none of my business.

But, I do worry about my child.

And, not knowing anything about a person who lives with my child, scares me.

I will add, her choice of companions in the past, leave something to be desired. Here nor there. If she is happy, go for it.

I just need to know if there is anything that I can do to make sure my child is ok?

If there is not, then there is not. Just asking. Thank you

Proserpina

I understand that. I do not have any issues with who ever she wants to be with. It is none of my business.

But, I do worry about my child.

And, not knowing anything about a person who lives with my child, scares me.

I will add, her choice of companions in the past, leave something to be desired. Here nor there. If she is happy, go for it.

I just need to know if there is anything that I can do to make sure my child is ok?

If there is not, then there is not. Just asking. Thank you
Not your problem. Seriously. If there is any indication of abuse, or danger, or a threat, then you can act.

Was the paternity test court ordered?

Topic

Ok, thank you. I was just asking.

I requested the paternity test because of her cheating so many times. I have since before the baby was born supported her and my child. Up until the split, at which time I gave her money every week (before court ordered) for my child. Once we went to court for custody and child support, and the order was established, I continued to pay, more then what was ordered. And I still do.

Children cost money and, I may be the rare person that does not like or want to pay support. But this is my child. And if I can give more money to mom, just so my child has more, then I will.

The mom and I do not get along at all. She is a very vindictive nasty person to me. But, I do not and will not allow that to stand in the way of me providing for my child.

She has to live with herself. I know that I am doing all I can for my child. And reguardless of what the courts say that I have to pay. I will always make sure they have more. This is for my child. My relationship with mom is something, I have risen above for his sake.

Proserpina

Ok, thank you. I was just asking.

I requested the paternity test because of her cheating so many times. I have since before the baby was born supported her and my child. Up until the split, at which time I gave her money every week (before court ordered) for my child. Once we went to court for custody and child support, and the order was established, I continued to pay, more then what was ordered. And I still do.

Children cost money and, I may be the rare person that does not like or want to pay support. But this is my child. And if I can give more money to mom, just so my child has more, then I will.

The mom and I do not get along at all. She is a very vindictive nasty person to me. But, I do not and will not allow that to stand in the way of me providing for my child.

She has to live with herself. I know that I am doing all I can for my child. And reguardless of what the courts say that I have to pay. I will always make sure they have more. This is for my child. My relationship with mom is something, I have risen above for his sake.
Alrighty. Glad to have helped!

Topic

The problem is, my child is young. I do not see anything (abuse). I am, I guess, being over protective.

Because of her past, I am really scared. It appears that her interest are always more important then our child's.

I follow all court orders to the T. She has, on the other hand alleinated me for my son, at every chance she can get.

She even advertizes on her facebook page, pictures of the three of them, with headings under the pictures as "family portrait", "doesn't he look like dad?", etc. etc.

I just stopped looking at them. I am hoping that she is not teaching our son to call her BF dad**************...

Guess I have no propf, so it meand nothing.

In any event, I hope that someday she matures enough to know that out son needs both of us. I am praying. In the mean time, I suppose, I just have to go with the flow.

I hold no malice for mom, I am not like that. Again, I just want the best for our son.

Thank you for all of your kind responses.

Antigone*

Ladies,

If I bowl, I will break a nail and that is just not acceptable. Not to mention I suck at bowling and those shoes are just darn ugly.

I think Bella's got the ball and I'm really mad at her because the wonder triplet has been MIA since Tuesday or Wednesday :(

Topic

gr8rn, please leave it to the seniors**************..you don't have a clue**************

We all do not need to hear your ignorance and stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">