• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50:50 custody in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

Dad pays for everything, why shouldn't mom?

Not sure why reading around the forum would change my opinion on the matter. I personally believe that if the custodial parent cannot AFFORD the kid, then the child should be removed to the other home.

Someone on this very thread said it: If you can't afford a kid, don't have one.

- Eric
oh...okay. so educating yourself won't help. stay ignorant then. your opinion just matter jack squat in court.

by your own words, mom can AFFORD the child. but you just don't think you should be responsible for the child.

LdiJ

Not sure why reading around the forum would change my opinion on the matter. I personally believe that if the custodial parent cannot AFFORD the kid, then the child should be removed to the other home.

- Eric
Eric, have you heard of something called the United States Constitution? A judge CANNOT make any custody decision based on which parent can best afford to support the children without the help of the other parent. That would be a blatant disregard of the parents constitutional rights.

Ok, your 6600.00 is 20% of the disparity between your incomes. You stated that you think mom makes 90k and you believe that the disparity is about the same. That means you make 123k. If you cannot afford a measly 550.00 a month with a 123k income then you need to be doing some serious downsizing.

Also, your opinion means nothing in a court of law. Only the law matters. Be VERY careful expressing "opinions" in court unless you want your hinny handed to you by the judge.

You have a VERY fair child support order that shouldn't be inconveniencing you at all or hurting you at all financially.

Isis1

Eric, have you heard of something called the United States Constitution? A judge CANNOT make any custody decision based on which parent can best afford to support the children without the help of the other parent. That would be a blatant disregard of the parents constitutional rights.

Ok, your 6600.00 is 20% of the disparity between your incomes. You stated that you think mom makes 90k and you believe that the disparity is about the same. That means you make 123k. If you cannot afford a measly 550.00 a month with a 123k income then you need to be doing some serious downsizing.

Also, your opinion means nothing in a court of law. Only the law matters. Be VERY careful expressing "opinions" in court unless you want your hinny handed to you by the judge.

You have a VERY fair child support order that shouldn't be inconveniencing you at all or hurting you at all financially.
just his ego.....;)

LdiJ

just his ego.....;)
Well...I hope its just his ego, because if it is not, he needs to make some serious changes.

I once made his income. (sadly, no longer). On that income I paid a full time nanny/housekeeper, seriously contributed to retirement, and still saved a hefty amount of money each month, while buying whatever the heck I wanted in terms of groceries and sundries. (groceries and sundries were my extravagances)

I did live in a modest home, and did drive a modest car. Both were more than sufficient for our needs. As a result, with my personal economic downturn I was able to keep both my house and my car without issue.

My retirement funds are gone, but might not have been totally gone if I had downsized some other things sooner.

Bottom line...this parent has no cause for complaint.

CourtClerk

I personally believe that if the custodial parent cannot AFFORD the kid, then the child should be removed to the other home.
What does your current wife do for a living and how much does she make? Does she know about your personal feelings? Is she OK with knowing that in a few years (with the success rate of second and subsequent marriages) this could be her?

kimberlywrites

- Eric
Are you SERIOUS? You sound just like my ex, who told me if I couldn't keep the kids in the "manner they are accustomed to" while in my care, they should live with him.
The reason for child support is so they CAN live with both parents!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">