• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

60 day notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alaska landlord

I agree with what acmb05 is saying, the lease that started in the middle of January doesn't expire until the six months is up, and that wouldn't be until the middle of July.
I see what you're saying. She is breaking her lease by moving out on the 30th of June. But, the other factor is that she also failed to give a proper 60 day notice that she is leaving. A notice that may or may not be enforceable provided the lease does not meet state specifications. OP has not provided that information and I am curious as to why she doesn’t appear to know.
After counting my fingers, I too agree with acm. OP messed up X2

loveumms

Thanks for the response.

We actually never got a copy of our lease - I know really stupid but, when we were moving we had a ton of stuff going on and I guess we never remembered to ask.

Anyway, the lease does say it is a 60 day notice. And we moved in on Jan 6th so the lease will be over on the 6th of July. The 60 day notice issue doesn't really matter now.

But, here is an interesting twist. When I asked to get a copy of our lease the lady went to get our file. As she was making the copies I also asked her to make a copy of our move in review (the paper that I filled out with all the damages of the apartment). We turned that in a week after we moved and the woman that took it when I dropped it off wasn't a 'manager' and told us she would get us a signed copy once the manager comes in. As with everything in this community, what they say never gets done.

So, when I was getting the copy of the lease I told the 'manager' that no one signed that paper and I would appreciate if she signed it before giving us a copy at least acknowledging that it was in the file. She did. But, I also noticed on our lease that it was her signature - in the same ink and in the same manner as she signed the move in paper. When we signed our lease in December another manager/representative of the company signed it. I physcially watched her sign it as we signed the forms and it's not her signature on the lease. Is there something fishy with this or should I just disregard it? It seems like our original lease was never signed.

Hope that makes sense.

taramd

Similar situation-Maryland

My lease also requires a 60 day notice and gave notice but only 38 days but I will be moving the day my lease expires. Is the managment co allowed to charge me a full month's rent for not giving the full 60 days? Also, I'm moving for many reasons about the apartment that I just can't live with anymore.

Ozark_Sophist

My lease also requires a 60 day notice and gave notice but only 38 days but I will be moving the day my lease expires. Is the managment co allowed to charge me a full month's rent for not giving the full 60 days? Also, I'm moving for many reasons about the apartment that I just can't live with anymore.
You need to start your own thread as otherwise you are hijacking a thread and you will not get appropriate responses. But, yes and doesn't matter.

loveumms

Thanks for the response.

We actually never got a copy of our lease - I know really stupid but, when we were moving we had a ton of stuff going on and I guess we never remembered to ask.

Anyway, the lease does say it is a 60 day notice. And we moved in on Jan 6th so the lease will be over on the 6th of July. The 60 day notice issue doesn't really matter now.

But, here is an interesting twist. When I asked to get a copy of our lease the lady went to get our file. As she was making the copies I also asked her to make a copy of our move in review (the paper that I filled out with all the damages of the apartment). We turned that in a week after we moved and the woman that took it when I dropped it off wasn't a 'manager' and told us she would get us a signed copy once the manager comes in. As with everything in this community, what they say never gets done.

So, when I was getting the copy of the lease I told the 'manager' that no one signed that paper and I would appreciate if she signed it before giving us a copy at least acknowledging that it was in the file. She did. But, I also noticed on our lease that it was her signature - in the same ink and in the same manner as she signed the move in paper. When we signed our lease in December another manager/representative of the company signed it. I physcially watched her sign it as we signed the forms and it's not her signature on the lease. Is there something fishy with this or should I just disregard it? It seems like our original lease was never signed.

Hope that makes sense.

Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">