• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A recorded conversation, without a warrant.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark2365

Boyfriend thinks the "powers that be" CAN and possibly DO record ALL of our PHONE conversations, even International conversations.

quincy

Relax, people. . . This IS hypothetical.
I apologize if I submitted a post that should not be here. NOT trying to anger the Admin.
The conversation came up when my daughter's boyfriend said that he thought
the cops CAN and possibly DO record ALL of our PHONE conversations.
There's obviously no legal warrant for all of that blanket recording.
It went to an extreme when my daughter mentioned the above scenario.
Yes, I am in AZ, but the crime could theoretically be committed in almost any location,
worldwide, because in this conversation, Charlie is the POTUS.
None of us... me, daughter or boyfriend... are A or B or C. Hypothetical.
I think I answered your questions. Are we OK?
Your daughter might want to shop around a bit before settling on this boyfriend.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Boyfriend thinks the "powers that be" CAN and possibly DO record ALL of our PHONE conversations, even International conversations.
He is right. They "can" (from a technological standpoint) and "possibly do" (anything is possible).

Just Blue

Tell the boyfriend that the "clicks" he hears on his phone is not the government, it's interference from the Roswell NM alien recue team communicators. They have been trying to get those poor guys out of area 51 for years now. Hopefully trump will pardon them before he leaves office...apparently he is going to pardon quite a few people. :alien:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Well ... sort of. :)

Answers to legal questions can lead to discussions of the law. But the purpose of this forum is to address specific, real life problems - not to discuss hypothetical questions.
That's always been your take on it. I don't share your take on it, as we have discussed before. I don't wish to reopen the entire debate on that but simply will point out — again — that there nothing in the forum TOS or anywhere else in the forum that restricts questions and discussions to only real life problems. Any discussion in the forums can go awry whether hypothetical or not. It's always up to the those posting to keep the discussion focused.

Ultimately it is up to the site owner, of course, what content is permitted here and to make that clear to those participating.

Just Blue

Okay...The opening post is back so apparently this hypothetical question is fine with Admin. Anyone who wishes to answer...have fun. :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I (violently) object to answering people's homework questions. Beyond that, it depends on the purpose as far as I'm concerned. I don't have much going on today so I don't have a problem with a "settle this argument for us" question, which is what this apparently is.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Now that it's back, the OP needs to tread lightly with his lighthearted, hypothetical situations. "The powers that be" don't take kindly to public threats (even veiled or "hypothetical" ones) made against "Charlie".

Mark2365

Thanks, Admin, for allowing the conversation to continue.

IF this were Not hypothetical, I would not have posted it from my home computer
without the help of TOR and fingerprint-spoofing tricks. Admin (and big brother) knows my IP.

OK, so we're back to: Questions:
1. Ignore it. We now know the identity of Charlie.
2. Is that recording admissible in court?
3. Might Adam be found guilty in Charlie's death?

quincy

Foreign governments might have more interest in listening in and/or recording conversations than anyone else, as a note.

There is no way to answer your questions without facts - and the facts in hypothetical questions can change on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">