• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AA membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer

What is the name of your state? Iowa

My life app asks if I'm a member of Alcoholics Annonymous. Can they ask such a question? What would happen if I refuse to answer or simply answer no?

seniorjudge

Trainer said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

My life app asks if I'm a member of Alcoholics Annonymous. Can they ask such a question? What would happen if I refuse to answer or simply answer no?
Please post the EXACT wording of that question. Thank you.

(Just say no.)

Trainer

Wording

seniorjudge said:
Please post the EXACT wording of that question. Thank you.

(Just say no.)
Are you currently or have you been a member of Alcoholics/Narcotics Annonymous?

Are you suggesting to answer no?

somarco

If you fail to answer the question truthfully you have committed insurance fraud which carries some stiff penalties.

seniorjudge

somarco said:
If you fail to answer the question truthfully you have committed insurance fraud which carries some stiff penalties.
And how does an insurance company get the membersip roster of AA/NA?

somarco

seniorjudge said:
And how does an insurance company prove this fraud?
So, are you suggesting it is acceptable (or even legal) to commit fraud if one is to believe the carrier is not in a position to dispute the information on the application?

seniorjudge

somarco said:
So, are you suggesting it is acceptable (or even legal) to commit fraud if one is to believe the carrier is not in a position to dispute the information on the application?
I am not suggesting anything. Read my post again:

And how does an insurance company prove this fraud?

somarco

I have read your post several times. There are a number of ways the carrier can prove fraud, and filing a false application is not something that should be condoned or even suggested.

seniorjudge

somarco said:
I have read your post several times. There are a number of ways the carrier can prove fraud, and filing a false application is not something that should be condoned or even suggested.
Okay, if you don't want to answer my question, then I won't bother you anymore.

somarco said:
:rolleyes: Obviously, you are not familiarized with these particular programs.

somarco

ENASNI said:
I don't think somarco knows what the second "A" stands for in AA.
Actually, my comprehension skills are quite high. What is lacking in most of the responses is an understanding of the underwriting process, and the resources a carrier has in assessing a risk.

somarco said:
Actually, my comprehension skills are quite high. What is lacking in most of the responses is an understanding of the underwriting process, and the resources a carrier has in assessing a risk.
You are truly an idiot! :rolleyes:

Please think before you reply next time, as not to show further ignorance.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">